The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MiwaEditorMu: a full tinyMCE editor (31 posts)

1. LHLH
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello,

The MiwaEditorMu plugin loads almost all tinyMCE buttons, with tinyMCE 2.0.9 embedded. You can try it here:

http://my.sambazen.net/wiki/index.php/En:WPMU_Plugin:Miwa_Editor_Mu

It's easy to install and should be compatible with WP2.1 also.

Any feedback is welcome.

2. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

How does this differ from the Advanced WYSIWYG plugin ?

Hang on a sec. Looking at the plugins archive this contains TinyMCE ? So your replacing the default with an external newer version ?

Mmmm this could be interesting as maintaning an external would be a lot easier.

3. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well curiosity got the better of me so i tried it on my local.

Unfortunately it didn't work on my version at all. It did kill the old TinyMCE but never displayed the new one on activation. Thinking maybe i had to include it in the MU directory i copied it there but the plugin failed to show at all so i opened up the php and saw it should certainly work in the plugin directory as that's where the hard coded links are.

So Unfortunately for me its just not functioning. Any ideas ?

4. agapecatholic
    Posted 17 years ago #

I get the same thing. Kills the old editor but never displays the new one. Darn.

5. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

yepp, same killing here.

6. LHLH
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in this plugin.
    I had the hope the plugin could work directly on other platforms than mine lol

Now, the section about 'installation problems' tries to give some clues:
    http://my.sambazen.net/wiki/index.php/En:WPMU_Plugin:Miwa_Editor_Mu#Installation_problems
    Please check if these steps are ok, maybe it can solve your problems ?
    If not, then please give me more details and I'll try to help.

To give more information about the plugin:
    You don't need to remove the official tinyMCE installation!
    The plugin embeds a full tinyMCE version (the last one, version 2.0.9)
    Once activated, the plugin should replace the official version with this new one.

In a long term evolution, it should be possible to have another editor than tinyMCE, like for example FCKEditor.

Happy Testing.

7. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Checking your installation problems didn't help i'm afraid :(

I do have both javascripts being included in the header so thats not the problem.

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://testdomain.com/wp-content/plugins/miwa-editor-mu/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_gzip.php?ver=209'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://testdomain.com/wp-content/plugins/miwa-editor-mu/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php?ver=alpha19JAN07'></script>

8. LHLH
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi dizzy99,

The code to load the plugin code is here, that's a good thing :-)

Then, can you confirm that the javascript code is correctly loaded with these URLs ?
    If so, then we'll have to check if there's an error during the execution of the javascript code...

Cheers.

9. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

ideally this would be a solution that we could use in the mu-plugins folder, or easily change to work in the mu-plugins folder.

But of course for now the top priority is getting it to work at all :-p

10. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi LHLH

If you mean in the html then no i don't see the function 2b under your help and advice page.

Also looking at the javascript console there are a few unknown property errors being displayed as well as this

<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined function user_can_switchedit() in <b>C:\xampplite\htdocs\wp-content\plugins\miwa-editor-mu\js\tinymce\tiny_mce_config.php</b> on line <b>38</b>

11. LHLH
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for your updates dizzy99,

At the beginning fo the file plugins\miwa-editor-mu\js\tinymce\tiny_mce_config.php, I try a relative include of the file wp-config.php

line5: @require_once('../../../../../wp-config.php');

It should load the necessary code to define the function user_can_switchedit().
    Please check that the relative path is good, in your installation, to reach the file wp-config.php.
    As a workaround you can comment out or remove these lines:

line38: if ( !user_can_switchedit() )
    line39: $mce_buttons = str_replace('wp_help', 'wp_help,code', $mce_buttons);

They're useless in the plugin: I just tried to keep the original code.

Suleiman: your comment is carefully noted. And as you said, the current priority is to have this plugin working for other people than me :-)

Best Regards.

12. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok path was fine and to double check i made it the same directory as the config (copied the wp-config,php into the same directory as the tiny_mce_config.php and removed the complete path). No difference.

So i proceeded to the second stage and commented

// if ( !user_can_switchedit() )
    // $mce_buttons = str_replace('wp_help', 'wp_help,code', $mce_buttons);

And Bingo, up came the editor.

Looks pretty great btw although some of your choices for advanced are a little strange :) I.e. Headings dropdowns and spell checking.

However the point you can do this is amazing and i'm very impressed. It really opens up the ability to keep up with TinyMCE without touching core. Did you modify TinyMCE at all to get this to work ?

Once you have this bug free a great addition would be to remember onstate for the advanced. If a user wants advanced features all the time it should remember that.

13. LHLH
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks dizzy99 for the debugging feedback!

The plugin package is now updated so to put into comment the 2 faulty lines:
    // if ( !user_can_switchedit() )
    // $mce_buttons = str_replace('wp_help', 'wp_help,code', $mce_buttons);
    The plugin version is now dated with 22JAN07.
    Let's hope that was the only problem.

About the order of buttons, it's for the moment based on my personal use ;-).
    Don't hesitate to propose modifications on this configuration.
    For the spellchecking function, I'm already using the one in FireFox2.0, so I think I will remove it from tinyMCE so to lighten a bit the javascript code. That's why it's on the last row...

Concerning tinyMCE integration, it's the official release from MoxieCode without modification.
    As you said, the advantage is to get the very last available version of tinyMCE without touching core.
    Further steps of the plugin development are to provide an easy way to get a custom toolbar.

Best Regards.

14. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

to the people that have this working, could you please tell me what other tinyMCE related plugins are running on your MU?

Im trying to get this working with Anarchy and Image Manager. Is that what you've got loading up too dizzy?

15. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh no there was no other buttons coming up. I was just checking the plugin for working. I doubt you'll be able to map other buttons on at this stage.

16. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

hm....are there other alternatives provided with this editor? To be honest I could never give up Anarchy.

17. LHLH
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi Suleiman,

The plugins loaded are the usual ones for tinyMCE.
    http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Plugins

For ImageManager, on the previous version of this plugin (for WP2.0.x), I had already spotted a problem. ImageManager (or PhotoPress) are relying on ButtonSnap to add the button on the toolbar. But it works only when the toolbar has on row. It doesn't work when the toolbar has several rows (that's a javascript problem with function insertBefore(), not a buttonsnap problem...)
    I'll provide another buttonsnap.php code when I find a good solution.

I don't know Anarchy, could you provide the link to the plugin page ?
    I'll have a look on how it integrates with WordPress, maybe that will be easy to make it work with the MiwaEditorMu plugin ?

Cheers.

18. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Imagemanager does work with more than one row but doesn't work with the latest version of TinyMCE because of the editor_template.js. Replacing that file with an older version allows imagemanagers button to display.

19. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

and what about anarchy dizzy? that works with this version of Miwa too?

20. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't use anarchy suleiman :(

21. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

you don't use anarchy?! Dizzy on an MU install that's practically sacreligious!

As for the image manager plugin. Me thinks it's now working with the latest plugin, since it loads as a plugin and not with buttonsnap any more :)

22. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

BTW LHLH I posted this on your wiki page too, but thought I would post here also, in case you were checking both places:

The problem that I am having is that I simply cannot get this plugin to load.

I've been following all of hte steps that you posted above, and they don't seem to help me much.

I noticed that the javascript is being called, as this is what i got when I went to view the source on my page:

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://home.hadithuna.com/wp-content/plugins/miwa-editor-mu/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_gzip.php?ver=209v22JAN07'></
    script> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://home.hadithuna.com/wp-content/plugins/miwa-editor-mu/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php?ver=alpha22JAN07'></script>

I can follow the first link and get the functions text to appear, but if you go to my site here:

http://home.hadithuna.com/wp-content/plugins/miwa-editor-mu/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php?ver=alpha22JAN07

Then nothing comes up.

Any tips?

23. LHLH
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello Suleiman,

That's quite strange that the URL to tiny_mce_config.php gives nothing!
    I would have preferred a PHP error ;-)

Some checks I can think about:

a) Check the file can give some output
    replace this file with a dummy file with HELLO inside, and check the browser is getting it. But as you can read the file URL tiny_mce_gzip.php, I don't think the problem is there.

b) Check if your web server is publishing PHP errors to the browser
    ...hmmm... I don't remember the PHP value to set... error_level = ALL... show_php_error ?

As a workaround, you can remove all PHP code from this file and just replace the content with the javascript you get from this URL:
    http://one.sambazen.net/wp-content/plugins/miwa-editor-mu/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php?ver=alpha19JAN07'

Hope this helps,
    LHLH

24. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

i tried removing all the php from the tiny_mce_config.php file LHLH and had no success copyingin your javascript. What is truly bizzarre is that i somehow get the same error of a blank space, it's as if that file isn't being called at all.

You can try at this link again: http://home.hadithuna.com/wp-content/plugins/miwa-editor-mu/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php?ver=alpha22JAN07

To see how I've pasted the correct code in. But still no dice!

25. LHLH
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello Suleiman,

I was wondering how to investigate further...
    And suddenly I realized we are on a Multi-user software with WordPressMu !
    Is it possible for you (or me) to create a blog ? So I can log in and use the Admin panel.
    I'll be able to check the conflicts inline.

What do you think ?

Best Regards

26. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

i've created a site for you to use LHLH.

It is located at demo.hadithuna.com

Username: Demo

Password: Demo

The plugin is Hadithuna Test Plugin 2. Let me know if you have any success!

27. LHLH
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi Suleiman,

Thanks for creating the demo blog. It's quite easier to debug.
    So I had a look and found a conflict in the header: There's another call to setup tinyMCE, I guess it comes from ImageManager. (More details in the wiki page...)
    Please try to deactivate ImageManager and confirm the problem is really there.

Cheers.

28. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

LHLH, I disabled both the image manager and the anarchy media player plugins, still no dice :(

29. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

I installed your plugin and it worked. Almost :)
    I'm on WPMU 2.6 - when creating a new page the visual editor toolbar looks not OK and breaks the layout.

Have a look at the screenshot: http://kishost.com/miwa.png

Also as far as I can judge, it did not load other toolbars.

30. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

you could always give this one a try: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tinymce-advanced/

I love it for my normal WP installations but haven't tried it yet on WPMU.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by LHLH
  • Latest reply from VentureMaker