The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

unable to log in at all (14 posts)

1. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

my blog has been running fine for a few days now. i havent changed nay of the code. i was exploring the 'backend' options, testing them out on my testblog. i logged out. when i logged into my test blog, i still saw my administrator's menu bar, and my administrator name along the top. i signed out again and attempted to login as Admin. no good. it took me back to login screen. i tried it in IE7, no problems until logged out. now i cant get back in with IE either. i've rebooted, cleared cookies, etc. i've scoured the forums and googled my butt off, but i'm not finding a solution. what do i need to do to regain access?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

and the error you get would be...?

3. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

ok, so i'e gotten into my site with Opera. but my error log looks like:
    PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in /home....bloggers/wp-content/themes/default/comments.php on line 107
    14:37:32] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in /home...bloggers/wp-content/themes/default/archive.php on line 69

i'm seeing these errors repeated dozens of times.

i get no error with the login redirect loop. it simple sends me back to the login page - http://realsportsbloggers.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=%2Fwp-admin%2Fprofile.php.

i've seen this error all over the forums, but there doesnt seem to be a consistent way to fix it.

4. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

2 more errors:
    Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/...bloggers/wp-admin/admin-functions.php on line 1363

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/...bloggers/wp-admin/admin-functions.php on line 1363

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

What are the particulars of your server/hosting account?

OS, Web Server software, is mod_rewrite enabled, safe_mode off, FollowSymlinks enabled, etc...

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"i was exploring the 'backend' options, testing them out on my testblog."

Oh, I should ask a couple more things: can you remember what you were testing (permalinks etc..) and did you try any plugins?

7. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

i'll try to answer you questions w/o sounding too ignorant.

OS - XP Pro
    Web Server software - Apache
    mod_rewrite enabled - unsure. i did not enable it.
    safe_mode - same as above. i never changed this option.
    followsymlinks - unchanged from default

i added a number of themes: menuadvance21; online_users, plugman, themeswitcher.

i've uninstalled all the plugins - though they all worked for everyone else.

i've seen a number of posts with scripts i could add and lines i could uncomment. but the lines were already uncommented when i checked and i'm not comfortable throwing scripts around that might affect the people using my site.

8. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

this has been resolved. it was a cookie issue. hanks for all the help. DemonC

9. nolageek
    Posted 17 years ago #

same problem. any chance you could clue us in as to how you fixed it?

10. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Clearing all the cookies and cache maybe?

11. tohave
    Posted 17 years ago #

same problem guys and did every thing in the forum, still got the problem and can not log in to as admin!!!

12. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

i knew something was screwy when i could login with opera and IE but not with firefox. i chatted with support and they hinted it was a WPMU issue. i cleared the cache, all cookie, etc. the problem with my host was that once i got stuck in the endless loop, i was locked out of my account for an hour or so. i had to login to my host and kill all processes. cleared private data in FF and i was good to go.

i also stopped using the login form. i used the homelandstupidity hack to put my login on the front page of my site. i havent had many issues since. i did get login problems when i used wp-cache. if youre gonna be rapidly logging in and out of your blog under different usernames - WP-Cache will choke get you. once i got ride of it, i'm having no more issues.

13. tohave
    Posted 17 years ago #

cookies, cache and server was allright!! the problem is something else that I thins is about the software itself. I even tried to change password from PHPmyadmin (as it is sugested in forum) but have no success.

14. tohave
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,
    I have made a stupid mistake I think!!!
    As I remembered, I was tring to prevent spamers from being registered and somehow I registered a blog for my self to test it!!! however the system accepted my new detail as for ADMIN, it was the problem I think.

Now every thing is working and nothing is wrong then.

Thank you for everyone's advise and help. I hope this note help people who have the same problem after registering a new blog for themeselves in their site.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by demonicume
  • Latest reply from tohave