The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Quick Flagging Question (4 posts)

1. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

What would be the easiest way to add an additional flag to the database?

I was using Mature thinking of it in the other way (i.e., that a blog had been posted to with enough rich content that it had matured) and didn't even think about the prospect of using it for adult content blogs.

Now that I realize the error of my ways, I'd like to keep the Mature flag but add an additional one (like maybe immature), and then I could filter those blogs out from SiteFeed.

I'm essentially looking for a way to only syndicate content from the good blogs on my server through sitefeed.

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

That would be the way to do it. Then an additional little box on the site admin side to update it.

You could either do "guilty until proven innocent" or "innocent until proven guilty". Depends on whether you think you would have more sites than not in it, or out of it.

3. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

i'm sticking with guilty until proven innocent for now luna.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Probably easier.

If it were me, I'd add in a flag called something like allow_swfeed, or something so that I could remember what it was. :D

The just tick blogs I want in the feed.

Or, skip all that, and make an array in the sitewide feed plugin, with the blog id's you want, and check it in the build query in the plugin.

Less to hack into for that.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by suleiman
  • Latest reply from lunabyte