The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

preg_replace() in RSS feed (10 posts)

1. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Interesting - running with a 13th Feb build gives you this in your RSS feed:

Warning: preg_replace(): Empty regular expression in public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 648

Which has something to do with emoticons.

I tried replacing the function with the WPMU 1.0 version but no joy... any idea where I might look to try and fix this up or has it already been spotted and swotted?

Cheers, James

2. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Anyone else experienced this?

3. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nope. Still playing with a Feb 1st/2nd build.

4. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think it might be as simple as single quotes... http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11861

Let's see huh!

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'll have to make a note of that.

Thanks for the info though. :D

6. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nope - no joy :(

7. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Noted.

I was thinking of moving up versions from the nightly I have locally, before I push out the round of updates I've been working on for the past 2 weeks.

Really cutting it down, too. Other than my little hack for a 3rd plugin directory, the hack for the theme preview in the admin area, and my custom captcha stuff for signup... I'm down to making a whole lot less of a "mess".

I'm not counting my default values for certain things though. Like default category names, etc. I might knock off those and keep em as is.

8. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

It's always a struggle isn't it - mess vs. ease!

Am continuing to work on this - it looks like it's a sitewide feed problem (phew!)

9. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Wo hoo! I'm a dill for the second time today :)

All it needed was an upgrade of the sitewide feeds plugin (I was using an ANCIENT build)

10. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nice.

At least it isn't a current issue then.

2 knocked out today, now for wp-comments.php.

About this Topic