The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Lets make IIS 6.0/PHP5.2.1/MySQL5.x Work. (4 posts)

1. iced98lx
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've been reading around on what people have and have not done to get IIS working with mu. So far I have installed mu, and my primary blog is working fine. I had to add two lines to the wp-config.php after it got done generating it:
    define('VHOST', 'false');
    $base = '/';

It is of course installed in the root of the site.

I have set wordpress to try to make subdirectories instead of subdomains, and everything works until I go to make a new blog, of course. It spits the following errors:

WordPress database error: [Table 'mu.wp_5_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'blogname' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'post_count' LIMIT 1

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at \inetpub\wpmu\wp-includes\wp-db.php:111) in \inetpub\wpmu\wp-includes\pluggable.php on line 278

If I do it from the frontend I get no error, but of course my directory doesn't work due to the lack of re-write.
    Posting any post also does not work.
    Another blog on the same server uses permalinks and it works fine. I would post the URL for others to gaze at and speculate upon but I don't know if that is allowable on this forum or not. I am now going to look into the ISAPI_rewrite.

Any further input is welcome as I will be posting new issues and results here and on my personal blog.

2. iced98lx
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have installed ISAPI_rewrite, but have yet to figure out exactly what needs to be entered into the httpd.ini but that will have to be tomorrow, any input on that would be especially appreciated. My goal is to first get the first blog working /blog/ (default one that mu installs) and go from there for new blogs.

As an aside: For those who wish to remind me this would be easier with Apache: I agree, and enjoy running lots of sites on Apache. That being said, I work at a university where we are moving away from apache and to IIS6.0. I unfortunately have no say whatsoever in this choice. I have however been running wordpress for quite sometime on IIS6 with PHP 5.x for my personal sites, so I'm not totally IIS green. I hope I can get this to work not only for our hopefull student blogs at the University, but also for the multiple people searching for answers about IIS and mu.

//Updated
    everything seems to be fine minus the permalinks, I can get to pages and posts using the standard url's: http://ourthinktank.org/?p=3

I have looked in the .htaccess file, but am not quite sure how to transcode that for ISAPI_rewrite. I'll do a little research later.

The re-writes work fine on http://www.loudmouthme.com but nothing on mu (http://www.ourthinktank.org)

//further updates
    It seems I missed the discussion about backend blog creation not working. I Suspect the blog creation the front is actually working, but I cannot access the proper URL's to see it in action. Essentially the only hurdle is the re-writes, as far as I can see.

3. zappoman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Have you made progress in the last week? I gave up on IIS mu, and decided to focus on making my application layer nicer and more feature rich... which means I don't have time to try to fix this issue. That being said, I love a good jousting match with a windmill as much as the next guy.

I'm rooting for you!

4. rdmedley
    Posted 15 years ago #

Let's get this thread going again. I am in a simular situation. Apache fluent but IIS for a client. Now IIS fluent :) All boils down to ISAPI_Rewite issues. Wild cards set etc..

Anyone made any progress on Server 2003 IIS 6 and Subdomains?

R.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by iced98lx
  • Latest reply from rdmedley