The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New wpmudev policy (3 posts)

1. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've received several emails over the last few months about projects not having any files attached and the user having to go to other sites to actually download the plugin/hack/whatever.

Now, I personally have no problem with this and have not said anything but apparently the users feel otherwise.

So here's the new policy:

Feel free to link to your own site just as you are doing now but you *must also upload the files to wpmudev*.

For now this will pretty much be an honor code type thing but if people do not actually start uploading the files to wpmudev then other actions will be taken.

Sorry for posting this here but most of the developers will see this before they notice a news article on wpmudev.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. JohnWeb
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think the broken ones should be removed as well, seems like a lot of comments go ignored or unanswered after the intitial upload. Let the developer offer a broken plugin on their own site, but the reputation of wpmudev.org is tarnished by having broken code available.

3. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Over the next week i'm going to be adding a few features such as flag this project as spam, broken, etc. I'm also going to add some comment related features that are long overdue.

I think most of the success of wpmudev can be attributed to the fact that there is very little in the way of moderation/admin interference. I hate to start introducing rules and policies but I feel this one is in the best interest of the users.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by andrewbillits
  • Latest reply from andrewbillits