The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Serious Issue after Upgrade (9 posts)

1. mshao
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just upgraded my site from V1.0 to V1.1.1
    I have noticed a big problem. When I click the category names from a blog site, it redirects me bwck to the blog signup page with "category" in the username box. Same thing happens when I click some page links except "Home", and "About". For example, from a blog site I click the page named "Potfolio", it redirects me to the blog sinup page with "Portfolio" in the UserName text box.

Any help will be greatly ppreciated.

2. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

I did the same upgrade but I'm not getting those errors, see here for example: http://test.eslblogs.org/

3. mshao
    Posted 17 years ago #

Isee.

But my issue is still there On one of our blog sites http://jjtang.archexpression.com/ for example, if you click on categories, pages except home and about, or even comments, it goes to the blog host page.

Very frustrating.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

You must have missed a file when upgrading.

Make a backup copy, and then delete wp-includes, wp-admin, and the root level files, then try again.

Also, make sure you run the upgrade script in the back.

5. mshao
    Posted 17 years ago #

OK, I will re-do the upgrade tonight.
    What do you mean by "run the upgrade script in the back". I didn't run any script. I just unzipped and replaced files. I also ran Upgrade from Site Admin section. Please advise.

Thanks.

6. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's what i was referring to

7. zappoman
    Posted 17 years ago #

mshao,

I just checked out your site (looks cool btw)... and based on the behavior I'm seeing it looks like your upgraded version is setup to use subdirectory based blogs, while you're original was trying to use domain based. Or at least this looks like where the confusion is coming from. Did you do anything to these settings?

Also, one other thought, you might want to disable all your plugins first and see if they are causing any of the problems. Then reenable each plugin one by one.

Personally I haven't tried an upgrade yet, because I've made some changes to the core files, and I didn't have time for doing a merge... but when I do do an upgrade, certainly disabling all my plugins first will be one of the steps I take.

Good luck.

8. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Did you upgrade .htaccess and wp-config?

Beautiful site btw - although don't let the Huffington post know about the homepage just yet ;)

9. mshao
    Posted 17 years ago #

I got it.
    I accidently found out what I missed accidently in the initial upgrade. In the wp-config.php, I missed setting up
    define('VHOST', 'VHOSTSETTING');
    to
    define('VHOST', 'yes');

Thanks everyone's inputs. I borrowed some ideas from Huffington's header on its web site because I liked its simplicity while also sophisticated.

Thanks again.

About this Topic