The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Not just another blogdescription :) (5 posts)

1. enseignement
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry guys if I keep asking dumb questions, but I'm focusing on wpmu now, and I'm trying to have the best of it for my french weblog farm :)

Do you know where I can set up a blogdescription for all the new members ?

Thanks
    Benjamin

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'd just use the subtitle for the blog. It's already there.

3. zappoman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Are you asking how to control the "default blog description" that is set by WPmu upon creation of a blog?

In the standard implementation it this is set to "Just another [site-name] weblog". Is that what you are trying to change?

If so, then that string is set in the function populate_options() in upgrade-schema.php. Unlike some of the other strings, that one isn't configurable in your SiteAdmin UI (I'm not sure why it isn't, probably just and oversite.)

You could either go in and change that file, and then all your new blogs should get that new default description. Or you could implement a more elaborate solution that allows you to change that value, much like you can change the first post text.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"Unlike some of the other strings, that one isn't configurable in your SiteAdmin UI (I'm not sure why it isn't, probably just and oversite.):"

Or they haven't bothered yet, or don't plan on it.

And I'm sorry, I have to correct this. :) It's "probably just an oversight".

5. zappoman
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm sorry if I said something that offended the team or the code. That wasn't my goal. I'm just trying to help out. I'm not trying to dog on the code or the team. I think this is a cool product, and it's very cool that it's all open source.

I'm also saying, it's cool that the other options are configurable in the UI... this one doesn't happen to be, so I found the place in the code to change.

Is it not cool for me to reply to these questions? Am I somehow breaking the rules of the community by trying to help out?

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by enseignement
  • Latest reply from zappoman