The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Change name.blog.tld to blog.tld/name (8 posts)

1. Knarsa
    Posted 17 years ago #

how can I change my blog so I get name.blog.tld to blog.tld/name?

2. nims
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi, even I am looking for the same answer. I installed WPMU with subdomain option but now I think subdirectory structure is better for me. So how do I change this option now.

3. jgostick
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am looking for the same help. (My webserver doesn't like so many subdomains).

4. dsader
    Posted 16 years ago #

Vhost setting is in wp-config.php. But that'll break the urls to blogs you already have won't it?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

"(My webserver doesn't like so many subdomains)."

They are virtual, so they shouldn't count towards a limit. Chances are you're on shared hosting, so if they are starting to hassle you over this, it'll get worse. Start looking for a new host, preferably a VPS at least.

6. Roanrifkin
    Posted 16 years ago #

Dear WP.

Attention Please WP !!!
    Don't take it too long, Just share it to forum about setting using subdirectory how and . All I found many-many-many and many troubles if setting using subdomain. cause this...cause that...cause blablabla

Just write down and share us !!!

7. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

We don't read minds here. If you're having "many troubles" you need to tell us what those issues are. Specifics help. "blablabla" doesn't.

Reading the readme file, especially the part at the end about how to get help, would probably be a good start for you.

8. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

lol...oh man that last post had me on the floooor Roan Rifkin ;)

About this Topic