The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Theme or Template available to Admin but not Users. (7 posts)

1. mcblogs
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

hi,

i may not be going about this the right way but is there a way to make certain themes or more specifically templates, available to the Admin account but not users?

the reason i'm asking is because i was planning on making a template for my home.php, about, faq, contact, etc. pages so they have a entirely different look than the blogs. any other suggestions/approaches as to how to go about doing this would also be appreciated. thanks!!

2. BlogsWithUs
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

THe way I do it is, activate the admin only theme, set it as the main blogs theme then deactivate, once deactivated it does not appear on the list but you can still use it.

3. partypageusa
    Posted 18 years ago #

or you can go to Site Admin ---> Edit ---> Edit for the spicific blog ---> check the enable for the template u want enable for the site

But you first have to make sure the template is disable for all.

4. mcblogs
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

awesome! thanks, the first seemed to work and i'll def try out the second suggestion too. thanks very much.

5. skcsknathan001
    Posted 17 years ago #

is there an "Admin theme" available? if so, please give me the links where I can get it. Thanks

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I know that there's like 5 for regular WP but I could have sworn that someone tried them and that they didn't work for WPMU.

7. mstrohm
    Posted 17 years ago #

For those who have difficulty like myself, to enable a theme to be exclusive for one specific individual you must:
    1. In "Site Admin" under "Themes" check the "NO"
    2. In "Site Admin" under "Blogs" click "edit" to the right of the specific blog you want to enable the exclusive theme for.
    3. On the right you will see a box titled: "Blog Themes".
    4. Click on the theme you want to be exclusive to that blog - remeber only themes with a "no" checked in "Themes" under "Site Admin" will show!

About this Topic