The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Platial.com (9 posts)

1. shoutlove
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi, I just signed up for Platial.com and created some maps of must-see places. I've tried inserting the map into my post in several ways but none of them seem to work. I've read about a platial wordpress widget but haven't been able to find it through Google. Any ideas?

2. shoutlove
    Posted 17 years ago #

Anyone?

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't see this widget either right off. Not on their website at least. Have you looked in the codex?

4. shoutlove
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes I have looked in the codex and it doesn't seem to be there. I wouldn't believe it existed if I hadn't signed up for a Wordpress.com blog just so see what they were talking about. There's definately one in existance and I would really like to think it's not specific to WP.com

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

It might be. There's quite a lot that's specific to wp.com.

6. shoutlove
    Posted 17 years ago #

In that case is there any plugin that will allow the map to display using the javascript code?

7. shoutlove
    Posted 17 years ago #

This is the code I'd like to insert
    <!-- START MAPKIT -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://platial.com/mapkit/load?v=3&map=25489&member=visitor&key=8e679cf15f5e6297e312ba8b19fbeb6f236d24df&host=shoutlove.org"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">MapKit.display();</script>
    <!-- END MAPKIT -->

As it is the only thing that displays is the words: MapKit.display();

Again, any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. I only have two problems with MU, this is one the ELA plugin is another and if I can get 1 out of 2 problems fixed over the weekend I will be a very happy blogger.

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

There muct be other code involved as MapKit.display(); is a function call.

9. shoutlove
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's the only code in the nice little box. It says it should work with any site that doesn't strip javascript.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by shoutlove
  • Latest reply from shoutlove