The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Clarification requested on the famous "new blog creation sql error" (8 posts)

1. new-net
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello,

I'm running wordpress-mu-1.2.1 with php5 & mysql5.1
    PHP's memory limit is set to 64M.

As stated by some users, creating a blog from the regular frontpage seem to work properly.

But, creating a blog from within the admin pannel produces the following (see below the post for the error message)

Deleting a blog which was created by the regular main blog frontpage produces an sql error of the same kind.

Regarding this problem, i've found several threads on the forums suggesting to increase the memory limit, and refering to a trac ticket : http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/184

The following trac and most of the threads advise to invert :
    $wpdb->hide_errors();
    switch_to_blog($id);
    to
    switch_to_blog($id);
    $wpdb->hide_errors();
    in wpmu-functions.php seems already done in 1.2.1 .. but i'm still encountering the error..

What could i possibly be missing ?

Is there, among all the threads related to this issue, one that actually solves the problem ?

Or is this related to the use of mysql-5.x as some posts sugested ?

Hopefully someone will share some light on this.

Best regards to everyone !

---- snippet ----

WordPress database error: [Table 'wordpress.wp_5_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'wp_5_user_roles' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'blogname' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'post_count' LIMIT 1

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/titan/data/www/blogs/docs/wp-includes/wp-db.php:135) in /nfs/titan/data/www/blogs/docs/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 334

---- end snippet ----

2. deanbag
    Posted 16 years ago #

why is that ticket marked "fixed"? I did a fresh install of 1.2.1, and I'm still getting this error. Granted, the blog *does* get created, but this is still a nuisance.

I'm using paths for multiple blogs. And I only get this error when I create from the "master blog" backend.

3. awacht
    Posted 16 years ago #

I concur, I get this error - exactly as described above

4. new-net
    Posted 16 years ago #

I know it's freaking me out too,
    All fixes to this issue i can found so far seem to have no effect on 1.2.1

I thought for some time it could be mysql related, as people reported the problem *seemed* not to occur on 3.23.. but *seemed* to impac 5.x users.

All my box currently run 5.x, i'll setup a test VM this week end.. just to be sure - heh

5. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

This may eliminate the error message but should the blog directory be empty? Is that something that is normal? Am I expected to upload my own blog files?

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just for reference, theotheragentm, there's no need to spam the forums.

7. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry. I didn't want to thread hijack and I thought about that after I created my post. It is a flood of posts, but it's hardly spam. I have a purpose to my posts.

8. c0y0te
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm getting the same problem; can't create additional blogs on a brand new install of WPMU 1.2.1

About this Topic