The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Reqest: Ability to change the amount of time invites will live. (7 posts)

1. ballen
    Posted 18 years ago #

I believe the default right now is 7 days. It would be nice to be able to change the default time that the invite lives in the admin interface. Would also be nice to be able to assign a group of invites with specific properties to a user.
    Account expiration based on the invite would be very useful too... So an account done with invite X is only good for 3 months unless they contact the sysop... But that can be set when the invite is sent...
    It makes me want to learn PHP more and more as I get involved in this... GAH.

2. partypageusa
    Posted 18 years ago #

Your invite admin screen actually shows up? How did you get that to show up?

3. blogtown
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

You need to edit the menu.php file within the wp-admin directory. If you scroll down the file, you'll see the lines that enable the invites screen have been commented out. The invites pages then show up under the Manage section.

4. partypageusa
    Posted 18 years ago #

This is what I got

$invites_left = get_usermeta( $user_ID, 'invites_left' );
    $submenu['edit.php'][35] = array(sprintf(__("Invites (%s)"), $invites_left ), 'edit_posts', 'invites.php');

The invite admin still doesnt show.

5. blogtown
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

OK - I uncommented those two lines and I could then access the invites screen from Manage -> Invites. If that doesn't work for you, then I'm not sure what you need to do?

6. ballen
    Posted 18 years ago #

Make sure that you clear your cache and cookies after doing that too... You may have just been caching the page that didn't have the invites located on it.

7. partypageusa
    Posted 18 years ago #

still doesnt work.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by ballen
  • Latest reply from partypageusa