The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Lost Password not sending (11 posts)

1. SAFFLEUR
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've had an installation of WordPress MU running for about a month now and it will send the initial E-Mail to the users who set up their blogs but if a user requests a lost password link the email never comes. I've tried this both from a test account and the Admin account to no avail.

Some help please?

2. boyevul
    Posted 16 years ago #

Same, although to be fair - the first password never arrived, either.

3. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is this something that goes through an outside domain? I have been trying to set up WPMU and been curious why I haven't received a confirmation email.

4. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Insert standard "What do your email server's error logs say" reply. Shouldn't. have to point that out, guys. Should be checking that stuff automatically and stating what you find. Please remember that your running system software with Mu. First thing you should be checking.

5. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Some of us don't have access to that if we are doing shared hosting. If you're on Dreamhost, the gateway handling email to gmail, hotmail, yahoo, and msn.com addresses is lagging for some reason and they're working on it. Other than that, I can't say why it wouldn't be working if you're not on Dreamhost. I just logged into the database and manually changed the email for the user to another domain.

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Some of us don't have access to that if we are doing shared hosting.

With all due respect, and I'm not singling you out, if your host is not providing you with your needed data, I'd be looking for a new host. Host restrictions not based on security purposes are crazy in an environment with thousands of hosts out there. I have shared hosting and I have access to my error logs. I had to ask my host for them but she allowed it.

It's like going into a all you can eat buffet, paying full price and being told you can only eat the deserts.

7. SAFFLEUR
    Posted 16 years ago #

I like the desserts mike!

However I don't have a single error in my error logs. Which I checked before I posted. I'll try the SMTP plugin then report back.

EDIT:

Seems it was the email server down and no plugin needed. Annoying that is as it was down for a few days which cause My initial problem.

8. cuffomedia
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have a similar issue. I manage my own server and when any of our clients submit their info for Lost Password, they receive 2 emails; One stating "Password Lost and Changed for user: admin" and the next with what I would think would be the reset password link but...The link displays the same Username/Pass fields. Here is a sample of the link:
    http://saltlakeinvestor.com/blog/wp-login.php?action=rp&key=ff76ccee

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

9. cuffomedia
    Posted 16 years ago #

One more thing I forgot. When click on the link in the email the header in the WP login box says "Check your e-mail for your new password."

It would seem that WP is not sending the actual password although all other email seem to go out fine including the original install username/pass email.

Thanks!

10. davo001wrdp1
    Posted 16 years ago #

this whole password is doing my head in iam goin crazy here the magic email that is never recieved with my new password man all i want to do is get on with what iam doing but have to put up with this crap . what happens to the email that is being sent to me but never arrives ? how can somthing so simple be so damn difficult all i want to do is login to my account u think i can do this AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

11. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Maybe reading the thread that you post in might give you some ideas as what you need to do.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by SAFFLEUR
  • Latest reply from jackiedobson