The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Most active blogs and post for each blogs (5 posts)

1. Ste_000
    Posted 18 years ago #

HI, i'm looking for a php code which print the most active blogs and the number of post in this blog....i found a php code of wugga, but don't work, i must use this code in a simple php page and not in the wpmu template....any information please? bye and thanks

2. Inferno
    Posted 17 years ago #

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I haven't figured out a method of most active post yet. I have a request to work in a Top10 most read post plugin and widget on my system. Maybe using that would work.

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Please note that one of my clients discovered this morning that this function does not make note of the mature, deleted, spam, or archived flags. Everything displays.

And boy, do I mean everything. ;)

Ticket made:
    http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/163

I would like to see a public version of this function since it's used on the wp-admin side.

5. zappoman
    Posted 17 years ago #

I too have been looking for something like a "top posts" plugin. So I've hacked on this idea a little bit, and put together a simple prototype of "top posts"... you can find the first cut at it here...

http://heftagaub.wordpress.com/2007/03/11/wpmu-top-posts-plugin/

The page doesn't contain a lot of documentation yet, but the code has more than enough.

This is very early, I'm sure it could be optimized, I haven't tested it that much but it seems to be working in my test environment.

I tried to make it work like get_posts() and I also added some template style functions... like get_the_title() and the_title().

I don't know if there is a better version of this out there, but for now, here's a cut at what I was thinking.

Not sure if there is a better thread to post this at, but for now I posted it here and on another thread where I saw this concept of "top posts" discussed.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by Ste_000
  • Latest reply from zappoman