The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Where does SignUp script appear? (12 posts)

1. nigelwong
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hello, i've been trying to make my own theme with this tutorial:

http://www.techwench.com/05-2005/15-theme-cheat-sheet

I've got the Header, Index, Style, Content, and Footer

It works perfect on my home page but when i use the theme on my signup page, it doesnt show but instead only my header ontop.

What script do i need to use?

2. partypageusa
    Posted 18 years ago #

3. nigelwong
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Okay that wasnt exactly what i was asking for but i figured it out anyway =P

But now i have a DNS problem. I've activated wildcards, and when i type a user of my blog (auric.xanblog.my3host.com) it redirects to the IP, which is not my site (but rather the first site created on the server).

I put ServerAlias *.xanblog.my3host.com and BIND *xanblog.my3host.com as well.

4. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

That sounds like something you should discuss with your host.

5. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

Does this mean I have to overwrite the wp-newblog.php manually? Is there an offical way to customize this within my theme?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is the site working fine otherwise? Does it work with the default theme?

7. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have some alignment issues with my customized layout because wp-newblog.php contains some hard coded css settings that I'd like to customize. There is no way to customize wp-newblog.php except overwriting it directly in wp-inst. :(

I saw that Wordpress.com has an improved version with privacy settings, language selection and legal "flotsam". Any chance that this code can be integrated into wp-newblog.php?

8. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, I am also thinking of adding a checkbox option for Terms of Use, but have yet to get it working. The warnings when checkbox is not checked and all appears with the new checkbox, but the user is just not brought through to show a new blog created. Anyone has managed checkbox in wp-newblogs.php?

Check out http://iblogs.com/wp-newblog.php

9. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

I haven't done that either. But I need to write it down to the database to have a record that the user accepted the terms and conditions.

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

All I did was make a Page of the main blog called Signup. It lists the brief terms and conditions. If you agree, then click the link to get your blog, which goes to wp-newblogs.php.

11. Lal
    Posted 17 years ago #

samchng: can you tell me how you did that terms and condition checkbox? will be grateful!

12. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Probably added it to the form in the function signup_user in wp-signup.php as a variable. Within the function validate_user_signup, do a check to see if the box was checked with a 'die' if it wasn't and a link back to the form to try again.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by nigelwong
  • Latest reply from drmike