The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

xmlrpc and google docs (13 posts)

1. Farms2
    Posted 16 years ago #

Heya, My users (and me) are having no joy publishing straight to blogs from Google docs using xmlrpc.php

Specifically, using either 1.0 or 1.2.1 and posting through any of the selectable APIs it brings up:

Server returned HTTP response coode: 403 for URL: http://test.edublogs.org/xmlrpc.php?rnd185229...

Has anyone else got this to work?

Any idea on fixing it?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

If I remember correctly, I think drmike grilled us up a t-bone with a mention the using xmlrpc had to go to the main domain, and the login worked through there. vice using the subdomain.

try it with your test user, but not on the subdomain and see what happens.

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Actually I thought it was the other way as in you had to use the specific subdomain.

4. Farms2
    Posted 16 years ago #

5. Farms2
    Posted 16 years ago #

Bong :(

No joy - although interestingly enough once I'd changed the settings the process ran - without posting anything - and only displayed the error massage (same as above) the second time round.

Has anyone else managed this?

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

You can't drop in blogid into there manually, can you? That's how we're getting around the issue with blogdesk. Ecto's developer doesn't give that option as "no other platform uses blogid" or some nonense like that.

7. Farms2
    Posted 16 years ago #

Doubt that's gonna make my users days!

Thankfully google docs is still pretty rubbish, so we've got time I guess before mass uptake.

8. laurence0
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am receiving the same 403 error when trying to post from Google Docs to wpmu-1.2.3. I've tested both XMLRPC addresses (the main domain and the sub-domain); neither is working for me.

Anyone else have any luck?

9. djouvin
    Posted 16 years ago #

Same as you, I always get an error, but mine is 503 not 403. Is there any plan to make XMLRPC publication on specific WPMU blogs work as if it was done on a regular WP blog?

10. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

This caught my attention because I have been able to post to my mu blogs from MS Word 2007, but had never tried from Google docs. So, I just configured my goodle docs account to test it and was able to publish to my mu blogs from there as well.

I have a "subdirectory" mu install, so am not sure if it would work the same on a "subdomain" install, but I used the following settings:

Existing Blog Service: My Own Server/custom
    API: MovableType
    Url: http://mymusite/theblog/xmlrpc.php

With these settings, it worked like a charm. I have the latest version of mu installed.

Steve

11. jeppe
    Posted 16 years ago #

FWIW, Googledocs working fine here aswell, Blogger API, subdomain install, 1.2.5a.

12. hawaiianbrat96
    Posted 14 years ago #

For those who look this up for edublogs.org and are using an outside source to post to your blog (MS Word 2003+, Live Writer, etc.)

For the configuring, just put the following:

http://USERNAME.edublogs.org/xmlrpc.php

Hope this helps!

13. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

It might work now, but I'm pretty sure that's what they were using in the first post on here a year ago.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by Farms2
  • Latest reply from cafespain