The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Integrating WPMU content into non-WPMU page (6 posts)

1. spanner
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have read the WP forum posts and other articles on embedding bits of WP content into non-WP pages. Do the same techniques work for WPMU? I can only make it work when the container page is in the same directory as the root of the WPMU installation. Anywhere else, and I get redirected to wp-signup and invited to create another blog.

Here is the code I'm using:

<?php
    define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);
    require('/path/to/wp-blog-header.php');
    ?>

and then 

<ul id="posts">
    <?php
    $my_query = new WP_Query('showposts=3');
    while ($my_query->have_posts()) {
    $my_query->the_post();?>

<li><a>"><?=the_title(); ?></a></li>
    <?php } ?>
  2. spanner
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry, the second code snip got partly eaten, perhaps because of the a href tag in it. But I think the issue is with the call to wp-blog-header anyway.

3. booblik
    Posted 16 years ago #

use iframe - it is ugly but works =)

4. spanner
    Posted 16 years ago #

Update: The embedding techniques that work for WP definitely do not work for WPMU. I am using RSS to pipe WPMU content into non-WPMU pages instead. There's a PHP script you can use to parse the feeds:

http://www.feedforall.com/free-php-script.htm

5. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Let's try this again. Please place any code within backticks. That's the key above the tab and to the left of the '1' key.

6. ceejayoz
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've encountered this, too, spanner. Tried making a non-WPMU page with a .htaccess RewriteRule giving it a subdirectory, but even with [L] on the end of the RewriteRule the WordPress rewrites still seemed to take precedence.

That means those of us on subdirectories can't have domain.com/support or something - we have to have domain.com/blog/support - as domain.com/support gets redirected to wp-signup.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by spanner
  • Latest reply from ceejayoz