The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Site wide tagging plugin, the simple way: it works (50 posts)

1. kdesilva
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is anyone having better luck with this than me? I'm getting all sorts of things - internal 500 server errors, script errors, blank pages, etc, etc..

I've followed the instructions - simpletagging is in MUplugins, site-wide-tags is there too, then I make the STP.php file and everything goes to pot.. a little help?

2. Bike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yep, same here: works out of the box (as long as you have tags on your main blog), but only shows those main blog tags.

Did anyone get it to work with sitewide tags?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Edit: Doh, wrong thread...

4. danalog
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've updated my plugin to version 1.2.

- Bug with subdomains not listing tags solved
    - Simplified plugin, less code
    - mySQL queries are lighter

I also added a zip download of Simple Tagging 1.6.2 for all of you needing it.

Get it at: http://daankortenbach.nl/blog/webontwikkelaar/wpmu-site-wide-tags-solution/

5. Bike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks Danalog for solving this today.
    The plugin works perfectly now, also on ST 1.6.7

6. robyinno
    Posted 16 years ago #

Putting in mu-plugins dirctory is not working becouse it search sinpletagging.admin.php on plugins directory.

Anyway simple tagging 1.6.7 work except in the main blog becouse of the rewrite rules tag interpret tag/ like a new or existent blog named tag.

7. danalog
    Posted 16 years ago #

Edit simple tagging 1.6.7 so it searches mu-plugins. Very simple to do.

8. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

tag cloud is great. but i'm on subdirs and the tags dont seem to point to the articles or a page of articles.

9. BartekPOL
    Posted 16 years ago #

This is amazing plugin but I’ve got small problem. I need some help…

When I click tag in tag cloud I’ve got 404 error:

http://krainawedkarzy.pl/tags/jezioro

Why? What cousing this problem?

I changed domain in plugin php file and I uploaded everythig to mu-plugins folder. I need to do sth else?

Please, help…

10. BartekPOL
    Posted 16 years ago #

resolved, sorry for rubish post

For others who have this problem - I had to add dmk_show_taglist() function in 404.php

11. kdesilva
    Posted 16 years ago #

whereabouts in the 404.php? To go with that problem, I'm also getting a 500 internal server error everytime I try and go into the tags admin page!

12. kdesilva
    Posted 16 years ago #

ok, I found it - but that brings up 2 more questions!

1) How do I show only the posts that match and not the 404 error text?
    2) Uhh - how do I get it to show in english???

13. new-net
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi everyone

I'm currently using wpmu-1.2.3 and simpletagging-1.6.7 with danalog's plugin-1.2

I'm in a subdomain setup:
    main blog : http://blogs.new-net.org
    ie sub blog: http://rudb.blogs.new-net.org

In order to get it working i copied all simpletagging/simpletagging* to mu-plugins/

I also copied danalog's plugin file to mu-plugins/

(Do you think more files should be copied ?)

In order to make simpletagging happy, i had to modify simpletagging.admin.php, and add on top, as mentioned previously:

if(class_exists('SimpleTaggingAdmin')) {
    	return;
    }

BUT

When displaying dmk_show_tagcloud(); on the main blog, or in any other blogs, the tags display fine; but clicking any of the tags results in a 404 error (coming from wpmu, not the plugins ?).
    (ie for tag "FreeBSD", url would be: "http://blogs.new-net.org/tags/FreeBSD/" )

Since i'm using mod_rewrite, i would think there is a conflict between wpmu's base .htaccess rules for subdomain-blogs and the "/tag/" in urls.

Someone mentioned including the call to dmk_show_tagcloud(); in error404.php but this realy sounds bad.

My mod_rewrite looks like this (pretty basic):

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

#uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/$ index.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-content/blogs.php?file=$2 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule . - [L]
    RewriteRule  ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule  ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

Any ideas how to fix this 404 error in a more elegant way ?

Ciao !

14. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

this plugin works well. but it never creates the 'domain.com/tags/sometags' page. clicking a tag just redirects to the front page of the site.

any ideas?

15. mrjcleaver
    Posted 16 years ago #

Come onto #wpmu http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/irc.php and I'll run through a couple of things with you.

16. flashsonix
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am also getting 404s on the tag result pages, only the tagged content from the main site blog shows up. Tag cloud is working fine though.

Has anyone found a solution to the 404 problem yet?

Thanks in advance for your help!

17. danalog
    Posted 16 years ago #

put dmk_show_taglist(); in 404.php

18. jalien
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've installed this on a test setup and it works great, except I can't get categories to show up in the tag cloud. Has anyone got categories to appear in the tag cloud? They show up in the tag list for each post, but not in the site wide tag cloud.

I'm using simple tagging 1.6.7 in the mu-plugins folder with the stp.php file to point to simple tagging. Other than that there aren't any special changes that have been made (using wpmu 1.2.3). Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

19. mterrabuio
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've got almost everything working, the plugin show all the tags, but when I click in one tag, it shows me the sign up page. I'm using sub-directories, anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thanx!

20. belladonna74
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have the same problem. I've been trying to find an answer for days and have uninstalled simple-tagging altogether because no matter what I modify, add, or create, clicking on tags takes me to the signin page. :-(

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by danalog
  • Latest reply from belladonna74