The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Best side wide TAGGING system for WPMU 1.2.1 ? (9 posts)

1. BartekPOL
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi!

I want to include side wide tagging system for my WPMU but I don't know how...

I don't know what is the best plugin/hack for 1.2.1 version.

Can you recommend something?

I want to create set of tags for all bloggers. This tags will be used for describing content, just like categories.

I tried Simple Tagging Plugin http://daankortenbach.nl/blog/webontwikkelaar/wpmu-site-wide-tags-solution/
    but I don't know how to do set of the same tags for all bloggers and let them find posts using one tag cloud on home page.

I will be very gratefull if you help me.

Greetings,
    Bartek

2. BartekPOL
    Posted 16 years ago #

"site wide" of course, sorry for my poor English

3. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

search forum for "tags" buddy, and you'll come up with a slew of results.

4. BartekPOL
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi suleiman. Thanks for reply.

I readed evererything about tagging and global cats what I founf in this forum. Unfortunately I'm confused.

What do you use on your WPMU? What warks with 1.2.1 version?

5. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

i use a modded version of deltakid's solution. Unfortunately it's out of development now and I haven't had time to update the core file edits necessary to make it work into a plugin.

I would recommend this solution:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=3247&replies=103

6. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

Surely you want the user to be able to use what ever tags they want - isn't that the idea of tags?

The Simple tagging linked in the first post does site wide tags. Then in the core of your sidebar widget put

$title="Tag Cloud";
    echo  $before_title . $title . $after_title ;
    echo dmk_show_tagcloud();
    echo $after_widget;

I also have a page called tagcloud.php:

<?php
    require( dirname(__FILE__) . '/wp-config.php' );
    get_header();
    include 'wp-opentags.php';
    ?>
    <h2>Tag Cloud </h2>
    <?
    echo dmk_show_tagcloud();
    include 'wp-closetags.php';
    get_footer();
    ?>

The wp-open and wp-closetags are actually files that contain the code to wrap the page content up with the correct divs for different Themes.. which means I don't need to craft theme specific pages.

7. BartekPOL
    Posted 16 years ago #

I spend hours of realizing how to do it. I can pay if you do it for me.

Simple Taggins Plugin seems to be great but...

I need:

1. Tags global defined by admin, not user. Exemple - if someone will create new blog, he will have set of global defined tags uder writing place in "Write post". He can't do another tags, he can only chose from defined. For example - "lake", "pike", "spinning".

It works greate for ONE blog if you choose in options "Displays suggested tags only instead of all tags. Tags will be suggested if they are part of the post. In adddition, tags that are used more often will be considered first."

PROBLEM 1 - tags created for main page of wpmu dissapear in "Tags" section of new blogs.

PROBLEM 2 - when I click for example "lake" in tag cloud I see posts only from main site. Not from all sites.

If someone could do it for me, I can pay him using paypal oraz Visa card. It is the most important thing of my dream blog system.

8. BartekPOL
    Posted 16 years ago #

Any ideas?

9. BartekPOL
    Posted 16 years ago #

Solved, I used this http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=3247

It isn't what I espected at the begining but It is pretty simple global categories system.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by BartekPOL
  • Latest reply from BartekPOL