The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Be Gentle...No Passwords via email (6 posts)

1. tvictory
    Posted 16 years ago #

Before you say to read the forums, I have been doing it for two days now :-)

I have wordpress mu running on a LAMP setup. I never received my initial password, so I went into the Db and got the information through myphpadmin.

Is there something I have to activate on my machine to make the email portion of wpmu work? I am very new to this, but have a great coder in the office with me that is trying to help me here and there.

I am willing to look at threads and do whatever, but I have been looking and looking.

If someone could talk to me in regular person talk, I would appreciate any help you could give.

I am testing on a localhost, otherwise I would post a link.

We have checked to make sure mod_rewrite is active...

I tried a email plugin, but it only worked in regular wordpress...

Thanks for you patience and help :-)

Tony

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Got a cPanel/WHM setup?

You'll probably need to use SMTP, which has been discussed a lot in the forum.

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

May also want to check the mail server logs and mail server error logs and see what is occuring

4. tvictory
    Posted 16 years ago #

No cPanel setup that I know of...

I am looking on how to know if SMTP is running on my machine.

I will check to see if I can find the mail server logs when I return to work in the morning.

My next suggestion is to do a fresh install, but I don't know what that is going to help with other than giving me some much needed practice at installation and setting up the database :-)

Like I said earlier, I was able to find a plugin for wordpress, but it does not work in WPMU.

Thanks again!

5. MIW54
    Posted 16 years ago #

6. tvictory
    Posted 16 years ago #

MIW54 - YOU ROCK!!!!

That is one major issue down, one more to go!

Thanks again :-)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by tvictory
  • Latest reply from tvictory