The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Hadithuna Redux (14 posts)

1. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

So this has definitely taken a fair chunk out of my busy schedule.

Between planning a wedding, finishing my second year of law school, and trying to keep my sanity, this website has taken far, far too much out of my free time!

That having been said, I am proud to present the next iteration of Hadithuna -- The Muslim Blogging Community.

Feedback welcome :)

2. sBlogSitecom
    Posted 16 years ago #

wow ! you made it perfect brother :) halithuna is this best pretty wpmu site which I saw..

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Wow, that is some *nice* work. (and so preeeeeetty...) :D
    I like. A LOT.

4. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

ahhh damn. time to step it up.

in other wors, great site bro. this is the smoothest i've seen so far.

is this why you been bow-guarding your sitewide tags solution? shame, shame.. :-)

5. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

demonicume, the sitewide tags solution i use is just deltakids solution with a few minor modifications.

I have been really trying hard to convert it into a plugin that hooks into when a user writes a new post, edits their post, or deletes their post, with all the usual filters for spam, deleted, and non-public blogs.

But I admittedly have hit stumbling block after stumbling block in trying to do so. I gave up trying about a month back to dedicate my time to this.

6. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Pretty slick Sul. I can definitely see the time put into it, that's for sure.

It's clean, informative, and just enough "pizzaz" to make it nice without overdoing it.

Under the hood, you might want to check validation. You're getting two <head> sections which is causing everything else to error out.

7. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

luna, thanks for pointing out the validation errors.

All of the animation on the site is javascript powered, using the excellent mootols framework.

Unfortuantely that framework is extremely picky about what types of doctype is set in the header. I was having issues with mootools being called in the first head section inside header.php, so I put in another one. I fixed the problem with mootools a while back, but looks like i left the additional header in there!

i'll check it once more and see where we're at. But thanks again :)

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yep. :)

Can't say my site always validates, but that's from the post window and how it handles stuff vice my actual code. Stupid kses... lol

I swear I'm going to unlock it all just for my blog id. Sigh... just need the time.

9. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sule - just wanted to make sure that you know i meant your site was excellent. i was BS'ing about the sitewide tags thing. gret work. i tried the mootools thing a while back but i had to give up tweaking it because of work constraints. now if i get it working, everyone will think i bit your page :-( oh well, call me a biter - that looks hot.

10. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Silly biter.

he he he

11. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

lol..bite away. I think code should be shared, and style should be saved.

12. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, you be saving like a banker, cuz you gots hella style. ;)

13. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

thanks a lot andrea! It's nice to see my hard work finally paying off.

Hopefully this will translate into more signups! We're just launching an e-mail campaign now, so we'll see where this goes.

Big thanks to this WPMU community!

14. newspartner
    Posted 16 years ago #

cool style

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by suleiman
  • Latest reply from newspartner