The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Dashboard like blogger (12 posts)

1. xleo666
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'd like to have a dashboard like blogger one. When an user logs into a main page (i.e. http://www.example-blog.com) user can see all blogs qhere he is a registered user so, clicking in one of them, goes to the that admin's page and can write a post.

For example, if user XXX is a registered user in blog1.example-blog.com, login in at http://www.example.blog.com a page shows "User XXX can write in the following blogs: blog1.example-blog.com..." User clicks in blog1's link and goes to it's admin panel

Could you help me?

I wish I've explained my problem correctly

Thanks in advance

P.S. It's like movable type, where registered user is able to see in wich blogs can write a post

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Help you with what exactly?

3. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

The functionality to switch between available logs is done through the Dashboard switcher

4. xleo666
    Posted 16 years ago #

SteveAtty, I know it, but I'd like to know if there is any plugin that allows, when a registered user logs in main blog, he is able to see only the blogs where he is registered.

When I log in as Admin, I can see all blogs I've created, but if I've an user called "John" I'd like that user had a list with his "favourite" blogs, so he can click in one of them and go to it0s write panel and write a new post.

I know it's a bit strangeful asnwer, but is my stup... boss who wants it :-(

5. xleo666
    Posted 16 years ago #

Typing bug: sorry, but when I said "answer" I wanted to say "question"... excuse me!

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

No, the plugin doesn't exist, but you could easily hook into the function get_blogs_of_user.

7. xleo666
    Posted 16 years ago #

andrea_r: thank you ver much for yor help. I've already implemented it in my wpmu's dashboard.

I pase you the code, for if it can help any other people:

<p>
    <div>
    <?php
    $blogs = get_blogs_of_user($current_user->ID);

if ( ! empty($blogs) ) {
    ?>

<p><h2>
    <?php _e('Here are the blogs you already have:') ?>
    </h2></p>

<?php
    }
    ?>
    </div>

</p>
    <!--
    <div id="devnews"></div>

<div id="planetnews"></div>
    -->

Just paste it in wordpressmu/wp-admin/index.php. before this lines:

<div style="clear: both"> 
    <br clear="all" />
    </div>

</div>

<?php
    require('./admin-footer.php');
    ?>

They are at the end of the file. Pasting my code there, you get a correctly presentation in your dashboard with div's and a formatted title.

Again, thank you for your great idea :-)

8. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Can you put the code at pastebin, or in a text file somewhere? The forum tries to parse the code (despite the bit about the backticks).
    This will make it easier when others come along looking for just such a thing.

9. xleo666
    Posted 16 years ago #

Done :-)

http://pastebin.com/942344

I've posted all the code that should be at the end of wp-admin/index.php file. Just locate last <div> and the php require function call and replace with te code.

Refresh main dashboard and...voila! you've got it.

Now I'm trying to implement it as a wpmu plugin. I'll notice you any news about it.

Again, thanks for all

10. xleo666
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'd like to develop a plugin with this functionality, but I don't know how to do it.

My idea is: when the plugin is activated, modify (and add) the code I've developed to the wp-admin/index.php file, but I have no idea about doing it.

Could some one help me?

Thanks

11. sully2
    Posted 16 years ago #

12. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

Are you referring to the info bar on the top of blogger?

About this Topic