The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blogger import issues (8 posts)

1. wwRoni
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi All!

I've searched but can't find any help on this particular issue.

My blogger importer just keeps telling my users the login failed and to try again. I've debugged a little and found this line is causing the problem...

if (! stristr($response['body'], 'signed in as') ) $this->login_form(__('Login failed. Please re-enter your username and password.'));

If I comment it out then the "selecting blogs" screen loads but with no blog info appearing.

Has something changed on the blogger side that is not recognizing the user has logged in? Has anyone else had this problem?

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Need to know the specific error that you are receiving. Please copy and paste it. Also what specific version of wordpress multiuser are you running? Please understand that when you submit or ask a question, it's always best to give specifics instead of rewriting information in your own words. That's a common rule for all software and developement, not just wordpress.

3. wwRoni
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry. I'm frantically trying to rebuild and I'm frazzled!

Ok, there is no particular error. When you try to login in to the blogger account on this page...

wp-admin/admin.php?import=blogger

the user receives....

"Login failed. Please re-enter your username and password."

no matter if the login is correct or not.

I'm using wordpress-mu-1.0

I didn't even realize that I had an old version! I guess I should upgrade before anything. Huh?

4. wwRoni
    Posted 16 years ago #

I should add I'm terrified of upgrading! :~)

5. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well I'm afraid you're going to have to upgrade. Since 1.0, blogger changed it's API a couple of times and the older importer will not work.

You can try replacing the blogger importer file with th eone out of the 1.2.3 download. It may work.

Good luck,
    -drmike

6. wwRoni
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well it worked better! I am now able to log in, see my blogger blogs BUT when I click import nothing happens. No error, no nothing.

Before I bite the bullet and upgrade does anyone know any files that the blogger importer may be dependent on?

I thought it might be worth asking.

7. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I believe it;s self contained.

8. wwRoni
    Posted 16 years ago #

just for others who may have the same issue...

Just replacing the blogger file did not work. The upgrade wasn't as bad as I thought and now the importer works like a charm!

Thanks drmike!

About this Topic