The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No password sent to my e-mail (6 posts)

1. FlyByGuy
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I've uploaded WP MU to the server and put the required info but I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY E-MAIL WITH MY PASSWORD!

Can anyone explain me what's going on with it 'coz I'm becoming crazy with it with every minute I spend...

Ivan.

2. startd
    Posted 17 years ago #

Same problem

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Same solution - Take a look at your email logs to see where the email went. You can also edit your password manually using phpMyAdmin on your site's backend.

I politely point out that you're now running server software. You need to be familiar with the tools that you have available to you. Not trying to be rude but if you don't know how to access your database using phpMyAdmin, how are you going to help your cilents when they have an issue?

4. abarker
    Posted 17 years ago #

ok the technical solution is you forgot to setup sendmail... its either not installed or not configured. I have no idea what sendmail program your using ... i happen to like ssmtp. If your using windows... well this is the least of your problems =) sorry i had to. There maybe sendmail for windows but its been so long i have no idea.

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

ok the technical solution is you forgot to setup sendmail...

Um, no.

6. dgilmour
    Posted 17 years ago #

Another possibility here is that the email has been trapped by anti-Spam software. That happened to me with BT Yahoo mail ... email was in their Bulk (trapped) folder, accessible via the web interface http://mail.yahoo.co.uk.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by FlyByGuy
  • Latest reply from dgilmour