The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Error establishing a database connection for subdomain (6 posts)

1. STDestiny
    Posted 16 years ago #

On my site blogpharm.com the main site and admin work fine, but when I try to access a subdomain (existent or non-existent) I get "Error establishing a database connection." (try http://testblog2.blogpharm.com )

Wildcard subdomains are set up properly since the error is from Wordpress. I know the database is able to be contacted since the main domain works.

Is there any solution to this? I apologize if this has already been addressed in the forums, but I have been searching for about an hour and have been unable to find the same problem documented.

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. STDestiny
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm seeing if I get the same problem with lyceum at the moment, so the above links may not work. If Lyceum doesn't work either, I'll revert to wpmu

3. STDestiny
    Posted 16 years ago #

Oops, nevermind. It seems to be a limitation of my server setup. Blogpharm.com is a secondary domain, and when I try to do wildcard subdomains on it, they are redirected to the primary domain, not the secondary.

4. rbytes
    Posted 16 years ago #

Looks like you fixed this issue :)

5. ervanerfian
    Posted 15 years ago #

How to fixed friends?

6. Computer-Tipps
    Posted 15 years ago #

Does your database user have all rights? I only gave him a few, thinking that would be enough - it was not ... all rights. after installation you may give him fewer rights.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by STDestiny
  • Latest reply from Computer-Tipps