The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Anyone maintaining changes posted in forums for .htaccess (2 posts)

1. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

The title says it all. I got the 11-11 build and noticed that the htaccess.dist doesn't have a number of changes that have been posted in the forums to get comments and images working. I also noticed that other rules aren't working, e.g.,
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+)/favicon.ico BASE/wp-inst/favicon.ico [L]
    (Is it the + vs * issue as in the wp-comments-post rule?) as my install is not showing the mu favicon. Trackbacks also do not seem to be working as I entered a trackback and it hasn't given any indication the the other blog is aware of the trackback.

I'm just curious as to whether each of us should maintain our own separate fix list or whether their should be a common one that makes it into the nightly on some schedule.

A big thanks to the developers. I know this is a monster project and I really am glad you are taking the time to develop this system.

2. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

If anyone is interested the rewrite rule for favicon should be

RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]*)/?favicon.ico BASE/wp-inst/favicon.ico [L]
    and not
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+)/favicon.ico BASE/wp-inst/favicon.ico [L]

in htaccess.dist. This is the same change ( +)/ with *)/? ) that was suggested to get comments to work. As someone else suggested do all the rules in that section Pass these files straight through need to have this change applied?

About this Topic