The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Sticky Menu? (5 posts)

1. drummergirl
    Posted 17 years ago #

Has anyone used the sticky menu plugin with MU?

I have used it numerous times on single blogs without any issues.

I have installed it in the mu-plugins directory, configured it in the admin panel and added the php code to my header file, but it's not showing on any of the blog pages.

Let me explain what I'm trying to do and perhaps there is an alternative plugin....I have a menu bar in the header of each blog (they all use the default template). I want each user to be able to edit their own menu links. Is this possible?

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

2. peiqinglong
    Posted 17 years ago #

I wouldn't put sticky menu in Mu-Plugins because it requires fields to be inputted to work. The Mu-Plugins directory is only for plugins that do not require activation or configuration of some sort.

I use Sticky Menu on a few of my Mu Sites BTW.

3. drummergirl
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for the reply. So if I put it in the regular plugins directory, how can I have a menu structure that each individual blogger can manage?

I am thinking maybe I just set up a blogroll category that they can use for menu links. Would that work?

I need a solution here pretty quick. Thanks.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for the reply. So if I put it in the regular plugins directory, how can I have a menu structure that each individual blogger can manage?

You need the menu management plugin I put together.

Works like a champ.

5. drummergirl
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks - I actually just got your plugin installed and working. So far so good... :)

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by drummergirl
  • Latest reply from drummergirl