The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New blogs showing up with user.domain.tld (4 posts)

1. cm103
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi all,

I just noticed something pretty weird with any new signups. I'm running the latest version of MU and it has been installed for about a week now.

I have a test blog set up at test.wpbloghost.net and it runs perfectly. I used the signup page and it was created without a hitch.

Now, when i try to create a blog by signing up today through the signup page and the confirmation email I got states user.domain.tld (exactly like that). The CP also shows user.domain.tld. It should be user.wpbloghost.net.

I am with Dreamhost and they set my webspace up for wpMU (i asked for that specifically).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Just tried creating a blog from within the CP and it went through properly. The problem is only when a new user signs up.

2. cm103
    Posted 16 years ago #

I deleted my old install and db and reinstalled. Apparently one of the plugins was the issue as it's running like it should now.

I'm adding back the plugins one at a time and testing as I go to see which one caused the issue.

3. dgilmour
    Posted 16 years ago #

Did you find which plugin caused the problem? I've a similar situation...

4. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Best bet would be to search through the code looking for 'user.domain.tld' Take 2 seconds with a grep. If you don't have root access to your site, ask your host if they could do it for you.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by cm103
  • Latest reply from drmiketemp