The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

CoolPlayer vs. AMP Smackdown (5 posts)

1. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ladies and gents, in one corner we have the inimitable Anarchy Media Player http://an-archos.com/anarchy-media-player and in the other we have the bulbous CoolPlayer http://www.coolcode.cn/?p=100.

Round one... ding ding...

AMP lands the first punch by looking pretty and being in grammatically correct English

CoolPlayer jabs back with heaps more file compatability

AMP ducks and weaves around comprehensive options tables

CoolPlayer delivers a RockYou jab demonstrating how we could embed slideshows much better.

Ding, ding... end of round one...

2. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

Um, pretty ladies walk round with signs saying 'What's your preference'?

In particular, I'm interested in the concept of turning AMP into a universal media player for video and slideshows (so sick of all the silly [embed] [/embed] things.

Has anyone given this a crack... or are we destined to live forever with a growing heap of mu-plugins?

3. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

i like to think of my collection of mu plugins as testaments to my laziness. i plan to start randomly installing thins in mu-plugins just to see what it does to my site - users bedamned!

points for using the word 'bulbous'.

4. mysorehead
    Posted 16 years ago #

Being able or not able to stick it in the mu-plugins is the major consideration for me.

I haven't bothered with Anarchy as I use podpress and am happy with it. I quickly tried to stick coolplayer in the mu-plugins folder (after editing the coolplayer config file) and while the link for the options page showed up the options didn't.

Richard

5. hawaiian
    Posted 16 years ago #

AMP:
    + love the simplicity
    + movie & mp3 players have clean interface
    - AMP doesn't seem to support .avi

Haven't tried CoolPlayer yet...

About this Topic