The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New Server Problems (8 posts)

1. hbarquero
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello,

I'm having a problem after changing from server.

I recently had my blog system on an shared Dedicated Hosting service, and near 5000 blog's.

After changing the system to a new dedicated server I'm having the following problem.

Users that where on old server can't login with http:\\user.domain.com\wp-login.php - they get a blank page on IE an a  on Firefox.
    If the user login with http:\\domain.com\wp-login.php - they can go to admin page but when making some change, or making a new post they get again the same pages, blank on IE and with  on Firefox.

I already try to find the problem but I'm getting a way to fix this problem.

Can anyone give me a help?

2. hbarquero
    Posted 16 years ago #

I forgot something,

New users on the new server have no problem making login or making new posts, only old users

3. peiqinglong
    Posted 16 years ago #

I think there might be some problems in your database from the move. You will have to parse through the database and see if the sites are pointing correctly.

4. hbarquero
    Posted 16 years ago #

Can you be more specific?
    I already look at the database, and I have not find any problem, I think :)

5. peiqinglong
    Posted 16 years ago #

I would look in wp_site and wp_blogs and see if you see anything wrong in the entries.

6. hbarquero
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have look at the 2 tables and everithing seems ok

7. hbarquero
    Posted 16 years ago #

The strange thing is new users can login and make posts fine, only old user's have problems

8. hbarquero
    Posted 16 years ago #

Can anyone give me some tips please!!! I need to put this working :)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by hbarquero
  • Latest reply from hbarquero