The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

1 ... 7 8 9

Spam and Splogs defeated ( Montyspam looking for testers) (257 posts)

1. blogz
    Posted 15 years ago #

was just curious to know when can we expect to have the plugin working for wpmu 2.7?

2. macgruder
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm wondering if the present version works in 2.7. To be honest, I haven't tried.

But I've got 2.7 single user pretty much working, and that integrates much better with the new improved comment moderation area of Wordpress, so I'm going to try to do the same thing with MU 2.7 too.

One thing to bear in mind is that, MU monty is somewhat different the SU because you can't rely on your users alone to check their spam, so it does need its own moderation space.

I've got a free month from now, so I'm hoping sometime this month or by mid-April.

3. tikiblogger
    Posted 15 years ago #

can you add me to the beta list
    foolano-my email is at-gmail.com,

running mu 2.7, would be more than happy to test it out,

mahalo

4. wittenbp
    Posted 15 years ago #

I just tried to install monty spam and ran into some trouble. I run my mu instance in a directory, not at the root. http://visualstudies.art.gvsu.edu/blo It is on apache on a mac osx 10.4. When I enter the full url in the download window it comes back w/o the '/'. Then during the install it looks for "wp-admin/wpmu-montyspam.php" from the root, and not in the "/blo" directory. Not sure how to remedy this. I don't want to go editing the url in the documents.

5. macgruder
    Posted 15 years ago #

A couple of people have noted this issue:

I'm going to fix that as soon as possible. Can you give it until March 22 and try to download again.

Monty

6. macgruder
    Posted 15 years ago #

delete duplicate

7. wittenbp
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok, I'll hold off 'til then. Sounds like spring break.

Paul

8. wittenbp
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is it ready to download the new version?

9. macgruder
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm sorry not quite finished yet. I'm going to work on it over the next two days. You can contact me directly at

montyspamnet

which is a gmail.com address.

10. macgruder
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've started working on it, and rather than just make it work for a subdirectory, I'm going to add some other small things and check that it works in 2.7. It'll take a tad longer - a day or two from now but will be ready weekend.

Not spring break :-)

11. wittenbp
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok
    i'll sit tight. Not getting a ton yet, but need to tighten things up a bit before they blow open.

12. wittenbp
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any progress with the fix?

13. macgruder
    Posted 15 years ago #

Very soon! I've added lots of little inprovements, and made it compatible with both 2.6 and 2.7. I'm really going to try to get it up by Wednesday (I was sick last week, and didn't quite finish it off).

14. wittenbp
    Posted 15 years ago #

How are things coming along? My spam activity is picking up. I'll need to set something up soon.

15. macgruder
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry for the delay. I was literally a day or so from finishing when a very big project I've been involved in got bigger, and suddenly all hell broke loose. Everything is back to normal in a couple of days so I'll *definitely* have something in April - about 1 week max.

16. macgruder
    Posted 14 years ago #

Never say definitely!

I'm going to shoot hard for May 11th.

Monty & Macgruder

17. anointed
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is the new vs. going to work with 2.7.1?

I've been fighting about 1400+ spam comments each day and it's getting old. Your plugin sounds like the perfect solution to this problem.

1 ... 7 8 9

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by macgruder
  • Latest reply from anointed