The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Users w/ multiple blogs (5 posts)

1. risky
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have a question regarding multiple blogs for one user. If a user has Blog1.host.com and Blog2.host.com is there any way for them to administer them BOTH with logging in only once?

It seems to me that when logged into blog1.host.com they can only administer blog1, not blog2, blog3, etc. even if they own those blogs.

Furthermore, if they log directly into host.com it only gives them access to blog1!

This doesn't seem right?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

It isn't right. Something is amiss if your install works like that, unless they signed up under different email addresses.

3. hawaiian
    Posted 16 years ago #

If both blogs are truly owned by the same user, they can directly access the admin section for each blog by going to:

blog1.host.com/wp-admin/, or
    blog2.host.com/wp-admin

They would only need to log in once at any of the blogs for which they are the owner.

4. risky
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the replies.

I'm still beta testing and the user was created by me. It's the only other user besides admin.

Do you think the conflict of having multiple accounts with the same IP/cookies is screwing it up?

5. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

The downdown menu along the upper left of the Dashboard should also get users between their backends. If you hover over the name of the blog in the upper left of the Dashboard, they should be seeing a drop down list of their blogs.

Do you think the conflict of having multiple accounts with the same IP/cookies is screwing it up?

It shouldn't as the cookies should be broken upon logging out.

As per the above posts, please be sure that blog1 and blog2 are truley assigned to one single user and not different users.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by risky
  • Latest reply from drmiketemp