The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

What Plug-ins are Used on Wordpress.com (3 posts)

1. divrom
    Posted 16 years ago #

Though I'm fairly experienced with Wordpress, I'm pretty new to wpmu. As a result, I'm getting to know a different set of plug-ins, to meet different needs.

I wondered if anyone can advise me as to which plug-ins are used at Wordpress.com?

Thinking just of the home page, there seems to be global tags plug-in, an avatar one and a blog-category plug-in.

Is there anything else that I'm missing, or any others that you'd recommend?

Cheers.

2. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Actually the plugins used on the wpmu platform are the same ones used on the wordpress platform.

The plugins used on wp.com are for the most part coded in house with the exception of the audio player.

Are you looking for specific plugins or just want someone to write you up a list? If you're looking for specific plugins, you may want to search the forums as chances are they have already been covered in the past. if you're looking for a list, that leans more towards consulting....

edit: You may want to skim the plugins subforum for ideas:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/forum.php?id=10

3. divrom
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for your response, Mike.

The reason I asked about the wordpress.com page is because I like how the home page shows a blog-post from a particular category (for example), with a users image next to it.

Going through the threads and looking at wpdev.org implies this may be less than straightforward. There is more than one avatar/profile picture plug-in and I imagine they are not using your version of sitewide categories.

I guess I am at the newbie stage of trying to figure out what is out-of-the-box, what's a plug-in and what's hard coded.

About this Topic