The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Where to find themes? (8 posts)

1. sabillondesigns
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi I am a Newbie, just installed Mu and I'm trying to find themes to add, please let me know where to download themes, thanks!

2. dsader
    Posted 16 years ago #

themes.wordpress.net

3. mpm2
    Posted 16 years ago #

http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/Farms-Really-Big-Theme-Pack

67 WPMU themes. The latest is the download on top of 'the pile'.

4. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

We normally suggest installing a single theme at a time as some of them do not work with wpmu (The ones in that download should though.) and chances are you're going to want to modify them

Best bet would be to work out a check list for adding in new themes of stuff to check. For example: widget support, a link in the footer back to your main site, removal of any sponcered links or any links you don't want in there, page templates (that's very recommended since end users can't add them themselves), validation, etc.

5. sabillondesigns
    Posted 16 years ago #

thanks a lot!

6. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Here's a rough checklist we came up with on the advanced forums:

* Link back to main site in footer
    * Link to signup in meta
    * Custom header image
    * Widget support
    * Make screen cap into 300 x 225 and jpg
    * Check for validation
    * Remove questionable links
    * Clean up the footer, so I can use my global footer.
    * Make sure global footer is displayed correctly, tweak css.
    * Check validation.
    * Clean up source, remove unnecessary comments, spaces, line breaks, and make sure it's somewhat logical to read.
    * Deploy custom header (meaning head of document, not header image), with certain title, meta, etc, structure.
    * Make screenshot correct aspect ratio, and acceptable file size.
    * New, make 100x75 thumbnail image (gif), for use as theme screenshot. ( Use big one when theme is selected. )
    * Add a hook before and after the widget part of the sidebar, so that I can hook into it if I need to. Since I know each theme has a function file, with the widget info in it, I can call those same globals (before/after widget/title) and it works in the sidebar since the plugin is about the last thing to load.
    * Adapt and overcome.
    * Translation support
    * Comments on Pages

There's some dupes in there but I'm sure you'll understand.

7. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

If you are going to integrate Google Maps you may also need to look at the html xmlns attributes as most of the templates don't have the right one to handle the VML for line drawing in Internet Explorer

8. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

As long as we are discussing what themes should have, what else would I need to add to my headers?

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="<?php bloginfo('html_type'); ?>; charset=<?php bloginfo('charset'); ?>" />
    <meta name="Description" content="my description">
    <meta name="Keywords" content="key words">
    <meta name="generator" content="WordPress <?php bloginfo('version'); ?>" /> <!-- leave this for stats -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_url'); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen" />
    <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0" href="<?php bloginfo('rss2_url'); ?>" />
    <link rel="alternate" type="text/xml" title="RSS .92" href="<?php bloginfo('rss_url'); ?>" />
    <link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom 0.3" href="<?php bloginfo('atom_url'); ?>" />
    <link rel="pingback" href="<?php bloginfo('pingback_url'); ?>" />

What else should I add? I am in the process of finishing localizing all my themes, and filling headers with the same info.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by sabillondesigns
  • Latest reply from Konstan