The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

BlogRush widget for wordpress-MU (8 posts)

1. selad
    Posted 16 years ago #

2. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

doesn't work on my site. Renders all the options fields on my widgets useless.

I'm on MU 1.2.1

3. selad
    Posted 16 years ago #

Anyone else got this problem?
    I have not test it on 1.2.1 just went back to 1.2.3.

4. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

its all good here. dropped it in mu-plugins. das it.

5. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

'Each time the widget is shown, the blogger earns one credit point and for each credit point earned, one of the bloggers posts is shown on some other blog.'

So if I sign up and the widget is shown I get a point and one of my posts is shown on some other blog.

This implies that posts will be shown (or link to) on my blog that I have no control over.

So what is in place to stop sploggers abusing this? Is there any control over the sort of blog entries that links will be made to? I might not want links to blogs full of spotty teenagers going on and on about their sexual conquests or how they have fantasises about Britney Spears.

6. selad
    Posted 16 years ago #

SteveAtty, once you log in to your account at BlogRush you can set filters to control what wppears in your widget. It can be done by keywords or URL keywords.

7. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

'Is there any control over the sort of blog entries that links will be made to?'

choose your category wisely.

8. wccw75
    Posted 16 years ago #

i have the blogrush widget as well but i have add in the option to have multiple of the blogrush widget. anyway, you can have only one widget on one blog.
    seled beat me to it.. :D

About this Topic