The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No Plugin menu option (18 posts)

1. The_ROb
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm new to WPMU, but not WP. Should there be a plugin menu option. I see the folders in the ftp, but there is no option listed to manage them.

Also, I clicked the edit comments option and got a blank white screen. Anyone run into this before?

Thanks for the help.

rob

2. The_ROb
    Posted 16 years ago #

Second issue solved. File had no data in it.

Anyone know where the plugin menu option went?

rob

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

It is disabled initially by default - go to Site Admin -> Options and near the bottom is a checkbox to enable it.

You'll notice the plugin editor and the theme editor are also disabled on purpose.

4. The_ROb
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sweet thanks. I'll assume I need to go into the pup file to change the disabled setting?

rob

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Not if you want users to see& use them. :) (Hint: it would be a bad thing)

You could place an is_site_admin at the top of the file replacing the die command. IME it still doesn't show up on the menus though you can still access it if you know the URL.

6. victoriavain
    Posted 16 years ago #

is there anyway I could make it so I could see it but not the other users? Could you tell me exactly since my coding is not good. thanks

7. meg.e
    Posted 15 years ago #

Maybe a silly question...where´s the "site admin" button where the "options" are, please? I´ve just registered now so have the latest WP - has the name changed? Cheers!

8. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Maybe a silly question...where´s the "site admin" button where the "options" are, please?

1. Are you logged in as admin?

2. Are you using WPMU and not WP?

9. meg.e
    Posted 15 years ago #

To clarify - the reason I wanted to find it was that a new plugin (Simpleviewer) hasn´t showed up in the Plugin list even though uploaded on my ftp. After searching, I see that I need to activate plugins...but for this I need the "Options" menu...

10. meg.e
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for that speedy reply! Ah...how do I know if it´s WP or WPMU? :)

11. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Where did you download it?

12. meg.e
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok, it´s WP - I can see why you asked now, as I seem to be in the WPMU forums by mistake....sorry! I searched for activating plugins and it took me here and I didn´t notice. Would I be able to take advantage of your helpfulness and ask if you´d know anyway how I would activate a plugin in WP please? ;)

13. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

14. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And the options menu is now called settings.

Just in case any other lost souls stumble in here. :)

15. meg.e
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey! Thanks! I think I´d understood the instructions and had seen the WP page on Plugins (the problem wasn´t exactly activating - I meant to say they didn´t appear). However, it appears it may have been a Godaddy hosting/WP problem. I´ve been googling, and it seems it may be solved by changing my operating system hosting account to "Linux" (even tho I use Windows) instead of "Windows". With WIndows, the .php stuff doesn´t work. Simple, huh? :( Well, we´ll see! Hope that may help somebody else if they have a similar problem!

16. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'd suggest that you run away from GoDaddy hosting :)
    I won't dare to host anything more complicated than static HTML pages there.

17. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It also says all over the pages of this site the WPMU works on Apache (that means linux) servers.

(and for the picky; yes, I know you can run Apache on other things and it's a module that can be installed on Linux and MU will run on non-apache things like ngix, but for the purposes of being very simple for n00bs, let's go with Apache=Linux, okay?)

18. meg.e
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oooh! I´ve just entered the world of html, websites, css, wordpress, hosting and other things I knew next to zero about! I took an account with Godaddy as they were recommended and now it´s been quite a challenge to do anything! If I were to change, how would I do that - do I lose all the money I´ve paid to register my domain name up until now, basically? I´ve changed to Linux and will see if it´s any more promising anyway...here´s hoping!

About this Topic