The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

postie plugin instuctions! (8 posts)

1. richardh37
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I've inatalled the postie plugin on my wpmu but can't find instructions on how to use it to email blog posts. i've looked in the authors website but there are no instructions.

I mean HOW DO you email a blog post using postie or another email plugin?

Is postie the one i should have installed or is ther a more compatable email blog script?

thanks for help
    R

2. federico
    Posted 18 years ago #

3. azlinux
    Posted 18 years ago #

Anyone managed to get Blogging using email to mu wordpress?

4. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

I don't believe anyone has achieved email posting yet.

5. kervador
    Posted 16 years ago #

And one year later ? does any one manage to achieve email posting for wordpress MU ? because i'm using it for mu own blog and it so great i'd like to install it for my users ;)

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Actually I've folks doing this for months now. It's the same as regular wordpress.

- Create the email account within your site's backend.

- Edit the blog under Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Blog -> Edit the blog and fill out the Mailserver fields (url, login, pass, and port)

- Set up a server side cron job to hit http://username.wpmu.tld/wp-mail.php every so often.

Works for us. You have to set it up to run the mail file though for the specific subdomain though for it to work.

7. winterkid201
    Posted 16 years ago #

ok, dumb question... I can't figure out how to setup a the cron job you mentioned. Where do I even start that?

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

google: "creating a cron job"

<roll eyes>

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by richardh37
  • Latest reply from lunabyte