The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Community Plugin (8 posts)

1. BradWaite
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm looking for a community plugin for wpmu. Is there anything out there that allows users to create rich profiles with rankings and ratings and to dialog via either a embedded forum or comments? Ideally, users and profiles would span all the wpmu blogs.

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

No.

3. Iron
    Posted 16 years ago #

We are all waiting for BuddyPress.

http://buddypress.com/

4. BradWaite
    Posted 16 years ago #

Iron: Thanks for the heads-up. BuddyPress looks to be perfect when it's released.

In the meantime, and in case other users don't need quite the feature set of BuddyPress, I've found this:

< a href="http://suleiman.hadithuna.com/wpmu-avatar-pack-release/">wpmu-avatar-pack-release</a>

It appears to allow for rich profiles. I'll install it, play and report back.

It would appear that a fair bit of community functionality can be gained by cobbling a bunch of existing plugins together.

5. BradWaite
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sheesh! What a link. Here's the correct one:

wpmu-avatar-pack-release

That'll learn me to check my posts before moving on...

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

It just does site-wide avatars. I use it already.

7. BradWaite
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks, Sis. Doesn't it implement rich profiles, too?

Maybe that combined with Community Cloud would be cool.

And there's several forum plugins / add-ons that could round-out the community functionality if comments aren't enough.

I'm one of those impatient guys that would rather invent a second wheel if the first one isn't available to the public. And it doesn't appear that the BuddyPress wheel will be released for quite some time.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I think it has, or there is floating around, an Author profile widget. It takes whatever's in the box under Users -> My profile in the backend, the one with the little Amoput Me blurb and pulls it into a widget for your sidebar.

Otherwise, the only one I know of is the buddypress one.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by BradWaite
  • Latest reply from andrea_r