The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

1 ... 3 4 5

MuTags - another solution for site wide tags (135 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

@steveatty: I'll try your method, I followed the instructions of the newest version, and there, I can specify a slug on the plugin's options page, so I chose the romanian translation of "tags" which is taguri...

would you mind explaining a little more in details?

From the readme I understood that the tag_resutls.php file is used to show the results for a particular tag, not for the tag cloud, so I created a page template, based on my theme's normal page template, except that isntead of the_excerpt() I used mu_tag_cloud() - this page hast the slug of taguri as also specified in the mutags option page.
    => this leads to the problems described above.
    the tag_results.php file just resides inside my theme folder and is used for displaying a specific tage for a certain tag, like your link above...

care to elaborate a little?
    meanwhile I go test your suggestions.

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

@steveattey:

When I installed it I put the MUTags file in the mu plugins folder and created a new page called tag_results.php in the theme folder for the main blog (which might need a little editing to fit in with the style of your these) and set the slug to be tag and it works

do you mean to say, that you made a page template out of tag_results.php and made a page with the slug of tags based on this template?

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

regarding to the readme:

(You don't need to create a page if your tagcloud is located for example
    at <--yoursite.com/tags-->, and you want the results shown like
    <--yoursite.com/tags/tagname-->)

my tagcloud is at mysite.com/taguri and I don't mind to see single tags at mysite.com/taguri/singletag

but as I said, the tagcloud doesn't work :-(

I did it right !? completely confused now...

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

I moved mine to tag because I wanted to play with the page layout so I needed the tag_results.php file. I also wanted my global tag cloud in a widget so I created a widget and then created a new page and set its slug to tag and set its template to the tag_results template.

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

I moved mine to tag because I wanted to play with the page layout so I needed the tag_results.php file.

I am not sure what you mean: I copied page.php into mutags.php, exchanged the_excerpt for mu_tag_cloud() created a page with the slug I specified inside the mutags options page made it use this template and this should deliver my tag cloud. can't see anything wrong here :-(

I will change to the slug of tags, but I'd love to hear a comment from dsader as he seems to have modded this plugin :-(

6. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

@SteveAttey

how do you display the tag cloud?

------------
    can anyone else give me some hints? what am I doing wrong?

7. zx-spectrum
    Posted 15 years ago #

==HOW TO DISPLAY A TAG CLOUD==

Paste <?php mu_tag_cloud() ;?> into any theme file.

8. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

@zx-spectrum

as you can see I did so, but have got the problem that if I access the page when its published it gives me an error but if I access it as a draft, it works, see my comments above please.

9. leisegang
    Posted 15 years ago #

i have put the "MuTags.php" in the mu-plugins folder the tag base is "tag" and the "tag_results.php" file is in my themes/myactivatedtheme folder.

i have a page named TAG with slug "tag" and template is "tag_results"

i dont see any tags on my frontpage. i have tried creating another template with this code in it <?php mu_tag_cloud(); ?>

but nothing shows up.

am i doin anything wrong?

i get this text on my page:

Results for
    Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

10. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

same as I reported :-( can you try and make that page that says: Results for Not Found into a draft and open it again, just want to know if it works then?

11. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

anyone willing to give a detailed walk through?

I am still not able to get it working :-(
    I'd even pay a small amount to get this working, its really extremely annoying, everyone seems to be able to get it working except me ;-(

12. blogz
    Posted 15 years ago #

seems like there are few conflicts among the mu-plugins when using mutags

still unable to understand what the problem could be

13. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Mine is working, I'll try to spend some time digging round the configuration I used to get it working in subdirectory mode.

14. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

@SteveAtty: any news so far?

15. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

anyone willing to help set mutags up? willing to do a small donation :-)

1 ... 3 4 5

About this Topic