The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Text Widgets Not working!!! (7 posts)

1. svkworld
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've searched everywhere but no post or answer regarding this...

I installed latest 1.3 mu... I think text widgets are not working. After i drop in the widget, click configure button enter some text and click the 'X' mark, click save updates -- it says sidebar updated

but when i goto the website i see nothing in sidebar, i went back to admin area and click on configure button and it doest have any information i entered earlier!

please help!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is it just plain text? Javascript (such as webring code) will get stripped out.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

How many threads are you going to post this in?

<roll eyes>

4. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

*sigh*

Reading the readme.txt file included with your download, especially the bit about how to report problems and what information is needed, would also be a plus.

5. svkworld
    Posted 16 years ago #

just plan text, no code. i drag &drop text widget, enter title, body text, click X to close window, click save changes.

clicked on view site and there is no widget in sidebar. if i go back to admin and the text i entered no longer exists in the widget. has anyone else tried out text widgets in 1.3?

6. iolaire
    Posted 16 years ago #

re: has anyone else tried out text widgets in 1.3?

Yes, the base text widget that comes with 1.3 (its no longer in the plugins folder) works for me.

7. svkworld
    Posted 16 years ago #

I deleted everything and re-installed. The problem went away. The only thing I can guess is some plugin may have caused the issue, I will test this after each plugin and see if pops up again... thanks for the help!

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by svkworld
  • Latest reply from svkworld