The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wordpress Mu Expert Needed (5 posts)

1. einsites
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

We have a site journalhub.com, that we are converting to wordpress MU.

We currently have it at journalhub.net being done by an outsourced company. They don't seem to grasp the concept we are trying to achieve with the site, so we need someone to finish the work.

Here's what we need. Visit journalhub.net for the reference.

Where it says top blogs, we want the top 10 most used blogs to show there. We would like each blog to have its own avatar, and show the avatars next to the blog titles. We would like this to show as two columns of 5.

Where it says comments, we would like it to show the 5 most recent comments overall from all blogs.

Where it says recent posts, we would like it to show the 5 most recent posts overall from all blogs.

We would like to add another section on that side that lists the 5 most recent blogs to sign up.

We would like the journalhub most current post to show. Right now the holle world shows. We would like that to show first with the Top blogs under it. So reversing their position on the page.

We are offering this blog hosting service for free, and need to monetize it somehow to offset the costs of the server and bandwidth. So we want to show ads on the blogs. We want all themes we add, to have a small header at the top that shows a small ad. It should be about 100% width times 40 pixels height.

We should also have a footer that is 100% width times 100 pixels in height.

If any of you can do this let me know, and let me know what you will charge for this service.

there are some other features I may want to add, so I would like the person to contact me via email aslocombe@gmail.com or via skype at aslocombe.

Thanks,
    Alvin Slocombe

2. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

yo, except for the avatar thing - which i'm still trying to figure out - all of that can be done with normal plugins. check wpmudev

3. peeloo
    Posted 16 years ago #

Avatar can be done with following plugin:

Plugin Name: WPMU Author Profile Pics (Avatars)
    Plugin URI: http://geekgrl.net/2007/01/02/profile-pics-plugin-release/
    Description: Adds picture to Author profile
    Version: 0.1
    Author: Hannah Gray (heavily modified for WPMU as an Avatar system WDuluoz)
    Author URI: http://geekgrl.net

It's a pleasure to use such a simple plugin, thanks Hannah Gray :)

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

In the OP, they want the avatar to show up in the listinng on the main page. None of thsoe plugins do that out of the box. they'll need to be tweaked.

5. unstablelandscape
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello,
    this is great and useful information.
    I am implementing a wpmu for internal communication for an architecture firm and I need help with two things (I dont know if there are plugins for them):
    -The users need to log their hours that they work with clients (Timesheet). They do it now with an exel file that they overwrite. So, I think that it can be useful that they fill a post and is posted in the main site and it is password protected. Ideas welcome!
    -The users be able to add and access clients (contact list with all information af clients)
    Please answer using this forum or email me directly to:
    unstablelandscape@yahoo.com
    Please,
    Marlon Barrios Solano
    (this is a paid job if you are interested)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by einsites
  • Latest reply from unstablelandscape