The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Friends-RSS plugin hard hack (3 posts)

1. mvkozyrev
    Posted 16 years ago #

Here - http://adam.404.org/projects/friends-rss - I found great Friends-RSS plugin.
    It agregates RSS-feeds from Blogroll-links at WP-page and do not import content to posts (I like read and agregate news in my site, but I don't like sploggers).

When I tried to use it, I have error with duplicate functions (magpierss parser included to plugin and own rss.php in wpmu).
    Ok. I changed call of file in friends-rss to 'require_once(ABSPATH . WPINC . '/rss.php');' and deleted all plugin-magpierss folders (when plugin parser is not needed anymore).

All working o_O. But I have some questions:

1. Can someone to clean a needless code from friends-rss.php or fix possible truble with RSS-cache (it used in original version and I have no understanding of the possible consequences of his removal)?

2. All dates looks like Thursday January, 01 1970 03:00 AM MSK :(, I don't know how to fix it.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

That plugin really bogs things down, I found, when I tested it on a stand-alone WP install.

3. mvkozyrev
    Posted 16 years ago #

... if I understood (with my poor English :) ), you don't like this plugin. But can somebody answer to my questions?

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by mvkozyrev
  • Latest reply from mvkozyrev