The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wpmu-blogs.php error? (8 posts)

1. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

I think there is a problem with wp-inst/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php. It appears that users has been commented out and spam has been added. When I upgraded from 11-20 build to 12-13 build the tables were not updated properly or at least a spam column was not added to wp-blogs and I got errors when trying to view the blogs in Site Admin. I added a spam column to wp-blogs as
    field: spam
    type: enum('0','1')
    collation: latin1_swedish_ci
    attributes: empty
    null: No
    default: 0
    extra: empty

I don't get the db error when trying to view the blogs in Site Admin, but now I only get the blog with id 1 to show in the list. Before I would get the entire list of blogs. Can someone take a look at wpmu-blogs.php and try to find an error or tell me if this is the intended behavior. Thanks.

2. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

The change you made to the db should not affect your ability to list the blogs. The page lists all of the blogs for me and I am able to set each one to spam, or not spam, without any issues.

If you still cant get it to work, try looking at the wp_blogs table using phpmyadmin, or your db tool of choice, and see if you can spot anything that might be wrong or different between id 1 and the others.

3. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

I had one blog id_2 that didn't have a value for public?? There is another blog id_5 which is archived. Otherwise everything is the same. I have 20 blogs. When I view the Site Admin Blogs panel I get the header Blogs, the search box and button, the previous/next navigation, the header row with ID, Blog Name, Last Updated, Registered, and Actions. Then there is the entry for blog 1 with the fields and after actions is View, Edit, Backend, Deactivate, and Spam. After that there is nothing except the bottom of the border around the blog list. I am not getting the footer stuff including the WordPress logo, documentation link, and timing. This is why I think something got messed up with the code. Maybe it is just my download. Could it be that I applied all your patches and you said that wasn't necessary?

4. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

I can search and get the blogs to show, but I still think something is off.

5. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

Here is what is in the Apache error logs.
    Call to undefined function wpmu_admin_redirect_url() in path_to_web_folder/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php on line 429

6. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

Use the new wpmu-functions.php instead of mine.

7. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

Can't find this function in any of the places I would expect to find it. Any clues?

8. kahless
    Posted 18 years ago #

itdamager,

That got it. Guess I shouldn't be so gun-ho to change things before doing a clean base upgrade :-)

About this Topic