The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Member login from "home" page (18 posts)

1. carnold
    Posted 16 years ago #

Using 1.3 and trying to get a "member login" on the home page. Is it possible to have blog owners login at the home page? So, if blog owners are not on their current blog page, can they login on the "home" page and be redirected to their blog?. Take a look at http://mytimewithgod.net to better see what i am trying to do.

2. Mattz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

That is default possible. It didn't also work here and after a reinstall everything went fine again...

Did you change something ?

3. carnold
    Posted 16 years ago #

I don't understand? Did you look at my page to see what i am trying to do?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yes, it's possible. I think Mattz was saying he tried it and it didn't work for him initially.

5. matt123
    Posted 16 years ago #

Carnold,

Just addressed this problem. I used the wpmuloginmc. You should be able to find it if you search around. It's in spanish if memory servers correct. Just need to open it up and find the text and replace it.

If you can't find it send a pm with your email and I'll send out a copy to you.

-Matt

6. pitttih
    Posted 16 years ago #

i thinks it's very good that wpmu creates an Frontpage theme officialy !
    That really sucks .. we need an example ..

7. matt123
    Posted 16 years ago #

http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/WPMuLoginMC

I have this widget on my homepage. It works for a login. Redirects users to their blogs dashboard. You can also add links if to Private Messages, Friendlists if you have xiandos plugings.

-Matt

8. celius
    Posted 16 years ago #

I like what you are trying to do, carnold.

What's your site url, Matt?

9. carnold
    Posted 16 years ago #

I really don't want a plugin. Here is the code i have that gives me a "username/password field is empty" error.
    <form action="/wp-login?action=login" method="post" name="loginform">
    <tr>
    <td valign="middle">Username
    <input type="text" name="username" size="13" value=""></td>
    <td valign="middle">Password
    <input type="password" class="tbl_blue" name="password" size="13"></td>
    <td valign="middle" style="padding-top:15px;"><input type="submit" name="login_submit" value="Login" border="0" id="medSubmitButton" style="background-color:#e0e0e0;border:1px solid #e0e0e0;padding:1px;" /></td>
    </tr>
    </form>

10. RCB-IT-Solutions
    Posted 16 years ago #

Your Input Names are Wrong.

The Username field should be named "log"
    The Password field should be named "pwd"

Aslo why is your forum action "/wp-login?action=login" you forgot the .php and you don't have to include the action you can just post to wp-login.php ;)

11. celius
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hmm... Dont ask me. If I could help you I would.

I'm thinking that WP cant do what I want it to do anymore... I've been checking out alot of sites using it - and it seems limited. (Not the blogs - but the frontpage)

12. RCB-IT-Solutions
    Posted 16 years ago #

You can do plenty with the home page, you just have to know how...

13. carnold
    Posted 16 years ago #

Good eyes RCB-IT-Solutions (after so long of looking at things some times i miss the obvious). Now the code i am using is:
    <form action="/wp-login.php" method="post" name="loginform">
    <tr>
    <td valign="middle">Username
    <input type="text" name="log" size="13" value=""></td>
    <td valign="middle">Password
    <input type="pwd" class="tbl_blue" name="password" size="13"></td>
    <td valign="middle" style="padding-top:15px;"><input type="submit" name="login_submit" value="Login" border="0" id="medSubmitButton" style="background-color:#e0e0e0;border:1px solid #e0e0e0;padding:1px;" /></td>
    </tr>
    </form>
    This time, i only get error: password field is empty. So it seems it now sees the username field filled in but not the password. Also, i am using wpmurandom-captcha that puts a captcha on the wp-login.php page. What do i do about this?

14. RCB-IT-Solutions
    Posted 16 years ago #

I can see why password doesn't work, you changes the type to pwd, not the name. As for the CAPTCHA I'm not sure, personally I don't use CAPTCHA for my logins, only my signups, so I can't help you there, sorry.

15. celius
    Posted 16 years ago #

I refrase: It's limited if you donw know PHP and MySQL. :)

I love WPMU, but I cant get it to work the way I want to.

Do you know if there are any services around I can pay for modifications? Sort of like joomlancers.org or something?

16. DailyTestimony
    Posted 16 years ago #

http://incsub.com/ but its not cheap, first off the job must total at least $1,500 for them to even do it.

17. celius
    Posted 16 years ago #

I will give them another look. I've checked that site, but I figured they took way to much.

18. ehab
    Posted 15 years ago #

domainplus, why do you copy paste all your posts ? Your code does not work - even in your "test site".

About this Topic