The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Tag Cloud Question - MUTags (4 posts)

1. DailyTestimony
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have MUtags0.2b on my site and I have two questions for its usage. I am designing my home page and am looking to intergrate with tags, I am woundering, Would it be possible to display two columns of tags, one showing the x most recent tags used in posts, the other showing x most common tags in all posts? Right now all I can see is a way to post some tags with

<?php mu_tag_cloud() ;?>

but I'm not even sure if it gets random tags or how that works. I'm willing to use that if I have to but if this will not work with the plugin i'm using, is their a global tag system that could support what I want, or something that is closer?

Thanks for all your help and God Bless.

2. DailyTestimony
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well i've already managed to answer half my question, I can get the x most popular tags with this:

<?php mu_tag_cloud($custom = array(
    			'limit' => 'x',
    			'orderby' => 'wd',
    			)); ?>

I'm thinking I might need to make a query of the tags table to get the most recent unless somone knows of an easier way.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Have you tried asking the plugin developer? :)

4. mrhenry
    Posted 16 years ago #

Find the function get_global_tags from Mutags.php and add "if($orderby == "pd")
    $orderby = "post_date DESC";" before or after the list of other "if($orderby == "xx")"

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by DailyTestimony
  • Latest reply from mrhenry