The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Latest Posts on an External Page (5 posts)

1. thevenz
    Posted 16 years ago #

This has been asked a number of times, but despite my persistent searching I can't find a solution that's still valid. Some of the old plugins don't work anymore, and many other plugins (such as list-all-posts) require that they're included in the wordpress framework (i.e. from a template file or index.php).

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully written (or found) a script that pulls the latest posts from the database without having to be included in a template file or other wordpress file. I'd like to call it from a completely external page. Is there any such script?

Thanks,
    John

2. nocomment
    Posted 16 years ago #

Have a look at:

http://simplepie.org

You could easily use it to aggregate posts or comments from your various Mu feeds on an external page.

You would have to look in the forums if you wanted to do it from the database. I know this was planned, but may not be available until the new release.

Hope that helps.

3. thevenz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the response, I'll check it out. I'll probably end up just writing my own code, but I thought I'd save myself some work and see if anyone else has tackled it.

Thanks again.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Why not use the sitewide feed plugin, and parse the results onto the external page you want?

Quick & dirty: run the sitewide feed thru Feedburner. they'll even give you code to paste on any page anywhere to display the results. (Granted, it says 'powered by feedburner in the corner, but you'll have it in a few minutes.)

5. thevenz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi Andrea, thanks for the response. That was my initial approach, but for some reason I can't seem to get the sitewide feed plugin to work properly. I'm not sure what the problem is, I've tinkered with it for some time now. I'll take another look at it this afternoon.

About this Topic