The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

upgrade - organize hacks (5 posts)

1. bschwarting
    Posted 16 years ago #

just curious, how do you all organize your hacks? how do you re-implement them after an upgrade?

I'm currently on 1.3 and scared to upgrade to 1.3.3 :)

everything is working so good.

2. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

What I do is disable all plugins first and THEN upgrade. The upgrade from 1.3 to 1.3.3 went perfectly for me. Very smooth transition. As for core hacks - I just remember where I have modified, and then do the same for the new upgrade. You can keep a text file of file names, locations, number lines, changes, etc...so you know what to change each time you update. I only have about 2 little hacks - and that's about it. Nothing else. I try not to mess with the core files too much - for fear of breaking something. :-)

3. bschwarting
    Posted 16 years ago #

ok, i have a bunch of hacks, mostly removing text on pages that might be confusing to users. I've started a txt doc as well. wasn't sure if there was any better ideas.

4. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

I don't know of any other better ideas - so I would be open to more information too!

5. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

man, i got a bunch of hacks. i should have my own svn. i'm tellin ya, my blog is held together with duct tap and gorilla glue. i have an excel spread sheet with all my core and plugin hacks. i also record all the hacks i find here just in case i need them. when i study a plugin and see something cool, i record that too.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by bschwarting
  • Latest reply from demonicume