The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

RSS Feed Aggregator from multiple blogs (9 posts)

1. bwinn
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi just wondering if there is a plugin or hack that will take the feeds from a selection of multiple blogs on mu WPMU site and mix them together. Ideally I would like to set it up so just the first 200 words of the blog will be posted with a 'Read More'. I am not looking for just text, I am looking for it to display images as well.

Is there something like this out there that works well. I am using 1.3.3. Thanks!!

2. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

There's a sitewide feed "plugin" over on wpmudev.org that you can grab and probably modify to only pull from specific blogs.

3. ericodom
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, this option isn't automated, but it's a good workaround...

http://feedjumbler.com

Not as good as the plugin Jackie mentioned, but it works.

4. bwinn
    Posted 16 years ago #

not a pro with php. can anyone post the code on how to modify the sitewide plugin?

5. dsader
    Posted 16 years ago #

"autoblog"(wpmudev.org) does what you ask, but it is a spammer's paradise. Be certain pingbacks are disabled in your aggregator blog, or you'll be spamming yourself till the crack of doom.

6. bwinn
    Posted 16 years ago #

If I have avatars plugged in my site, will autoblog include them?

7. dsader
    Posted 16 years ago #

autoblog imports multiple rss feeds on the fly. For an mu install, you'll need to make sure the users/authors match when aggregating the posts, the plugin will not add users to your aggregate blog.

At present I use autoblog to agregate several mu blogs I author into one blog which then is used as a single feed.

If avatars are added to the feed when sending(mine do), you may end up with double the avatars if the plugin is also enabled on the aggregating blog. Test.

8. Trent
    Posted 16 years ago #

Another aggregate that works fine with WPMU is wp-o-mattic and it seems to be the most relaxed with "not perfect" feeds in terms of validation. FeedWordPress is also WPMU compliant now, but it seems to choke on some feeds that are not perfect validation.

Trent

9. phipps
    Posted 15 years ago #

The most recent post in this thread is about a year old - are there any newer plugins, or reasons to stay away from some of the ones mentioned above?

I would prefer a plug-in that has a track record of evolving with wordpress (and wp mu) over one that has a lot of features and might do more things now.

About this Topic