The MU forums have moved to

incorrect path (7 posts)

  1. drx
    Posted 18 years ago #

    I'm used none vhost setting to setup MU wordpress
    but the path is not right
    in the email I got there the path is : http://com/domainname/wp-login.php
    but the real one is
    & If I try to login this make problem on loging in & creating weblogs
    What should I do to fix this ?

  2. drx
    Posted 18 years ago #

    the path in the wp_blogs is correct

  3. puzzled94
    Posted 17 years ago #

    I'm experiencing the same problem the path names and an additional problem in which the wp-admin has no stylesheet.
    Unfortunately I can't see any dynamic solution to the path names problem.

  4. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

    are you working on a localhost installation ?

  5. michaell84
    Posted 17 years ago #

    Hi, I've been getting the same problem under the following conditions:

    1 - My domain is on a virtual host. For example, my particular virtual host configuration is
    <VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/sgoinon
    ServerAlias *

    2 - I choose the subdirectory blog format ( as opposed to

    The problem I was getting was the style sheet link was

    Using the subdomain blog format ( has worked for me. Although I would prefer to use subdirectories.

  6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

    I swear I'm going to make this a sticky...

    You have two Server alias lines in there that say the same thing. I would delete the one that includes the 'www'.

    Please double check what you used as a server address when you installed WPMU. Server address is mycomain.tld. It does not include the 'www' bit an, from looking at the past threads on this topic, most folks are putting this in.

    Please also check here for a solution.

    Hope this helps,

  7. ekusteve
    Posted 17 years ago #

    I tried it every possible way (with www, without www, with http, without, with trailing slash, without...) and still had this problem. I ended up dumping the database and searching for the bad's in several different places in the database tables. I corrected the urls in the database and that seems to have cleared the problem.


About this Topic